Saturday, November 13, 2010

"Kids Say The Darndest Things"

This morning my parents stopped by and Boston and Brock both sat on my Dad's lap.  The next thing I hear is my boys asking my Dad "Grandpa, how come you have all those cracks on your face?"  My Dad...luckily has a good sense of humor busted up laughing.  And he said "Those are called wrinkles...you get them when you become a grandpa."  Then he proceeds to say, "You know what else happens when you become a Grandpa?"  (Keep in mind I'm thinking, Dad you shoulda never said that...you're opening yourself wide open for more insults.)  Anyway my boys said "You get extra skin?"  I don't know who laughed harder...Me, my Mom, or my Dad.  Then my Dad said, "well ya that too, but what color is my hair?" (Oh no Dad, please you are just asking to be tortured at this point.)  My boys response: "Well it's like white-ish and gray-ish."  Luckily that was the answer we were all expecting. 

Note to everyone:  DON'T ASK MY  KIDS UNLESS YOU WANT AN HONEST, SOMETIMES INSULTING ANSWER.
This is a pic of my parents with my nephew Tate, but I needed a "visual" for the blog.

1 comment:

Cyndy Mikesell said...

TOO FUNNY THEY CRACK ME UP!