Sunday, November 7, 2010

HAPPY 11th Anniversary to US!

The 5th of November Gentry and I celebrated our 11th anniversary.  Both of us really wanted to go somewhere to celebrate, but this year's budget didn't allow that to happen. So we decided to stay home and GET RID OF OUR KIDS...let me re-phrase that...Our kids wanted to have sleep-overs with their grandparents and we were nice enough to let them go.  (Thanks to both of our parents, we had a really fun relaxing weekend.)

Some friends of ours invited us on Thursday night to see the play THE DROWSY CHAPERON at Hale Center Theater.  We had a really good time, and even Gentry really liked it!  (I forgot to take a picture with all of us)
(Don't mind the blurry pic...I asked a senior citizen to take it, I mean what did I expect...they shake.  But she was really nice.)

I was able to score some awesome tickets for the Jazz game on Saturday, so I was going to surprise Gentry...but minutes after getting the tickets I had to call Gentry because I was so excited.  I am horrible about surprising people.  I just get so excited I have to tell them.

So I have some "theories" now after going to the Jazz game last night.

#1.  If you want to get the basketball away from a player, roll it on the ground.  They are all so tall it's really hard for any of them to get it.



#2.  GENTRY'S calling in life should have been to be the JAZZ BEAR.  Gentry loves playing practical jokes on everyone and teasing people.  That is EXACTLY what the Jazz Bear does and he gets PAID for it.  I was having a blast watch the Jazz Bear throw everyone's shoes onto the basketball court to make them run and get them, or spray silly string a random girls hair. (Literally the WHOLE CAN.)

 Oh yeah...did I mention I got us both Jazz shirts???

It was a fun weekend.  Of course we had to fit in a little shopping...loved it!

6 comments:

Al and Suzie McInnes said...

Glad you had a fun weekend. The kids were great at our house and even slept in until 7:00.

The Hulls said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! Glad you guys had such a great time!!

Cyndy Mikesell said...

Happy Anniversary! Where does the time go?
The kids had a great time and so did I.

Clements Family said...

Happy Anniversary! Sounds like a great weekend to me!

Annika said...

Happy Anniversary!

Johnston Family said...

Happy Anniversary! The senior citizen comment made me laugh so hard.