Sunday, May 2, 2010

Weekend Update.

Friday afternoon we got everyone loaded up and drove to Cedar City.  Cyndy (Gentry's Mom) was graduating from her Masters Program.  We all wanted to be there to watch her.  It was exciting. CONGRATULATIONS CYNDY!

Friday Night we all went to dinner at the Pizza Factory.  It was really good and I ate way too much.  Then Saturday was the graduation.

After Cyndy walked, the boys of course needed to go to the bathroom.  So while we were walking in the halls Boston looks at all of the glass cases and sees the trophies and plaques and says, "Mom, are these for the dead people?" meaning he thought they looked like headstones.  I laughed and told Gentry to get a picture of them in front of the "headstones".

One last story.  The other night Gentry was trying to get the kids showered and ready for bed, and I could hear from the other room Gentry saying he was timing them.  (We are always trying to encourage them to speed up because I swear they can spend all day in the tub.)  So Brock got done first and  Gentry said "OK Brock is 1st!"  Alyssa immediately says she isn't playing (because she hates not being 1st)  Then Gentry said "OK Boston you're 3rd!"  Alyssa is immediately upset, and says "DAD, I said I'm not playing!"  Gentry said "I know...Brock is 1st, Boston you're 3rd."  He loves to torture her and I'm laughing in the  other room (which is only encouraging Gentry to continue.)  She is crying at this point saying "Dad, I'm not playing why is Boston 3rd?"  He replied..."OK guys we are playing different Brock you won the gold and Boston you won the bronze!"  Which gets me laughing even harder.  So then he gets the boys tucked in bed and I hear him say to Alyssa "OK let's go to bed on your mark, get set...."  which just got more tears from Alyssa.
I've been trying to tell Alyssa if she doesn't give the boys (her Dad included) a reaction they won't bug her and tease her.  She hasn't learned that lesson yet.

4 comments:

Al and Suzie McInnes said...

Love the headstones.

The Hulls said...

I love both of those stories!! Thanks for making me laugh! And Congratulations to Cyndy!! Thats awesome! And great job on the graduation card, it's so cute! Love you guys!!

Oh, and I tried googling and figuring out how to make my blog wider, but when I tried I thought I almost lost all my blog contacts. If you remember how without losing any of your stuff on the side will you let me know. I want to be able to make the pictures bigger like you do! Thanks Bets! Sorry, that was kind of long!

Greg and/or Angie said...

Cute announcement!!! And fun stories:)

missy :) said...

I am laughing so hard I just laughed out loud, and I am supposed to start an online test, but thought I'd check your blog since it has been weeks/months! If you took out the name Alyssa and put Betsy, it would still be the same result! Actually I swear if I could only remember the details- Alan would bug you the same way, only her would laugh at the fact that you were mad, and getting more mad that you would totally go postal, and then mom would have to step in. Then I would go into your room and tell you that Alan was being a jerk, and that if you ignored him he would stop or go away (you didn't listen):) remember when he tricked you and said can you twist your arms and then twist your legs around them, you could, then he "helped" you more, and you were stuck and started crying!?!?!? Bahahahhahha! I am laughing just remembering!!
love ya sis! Apple doesn't fall far from the tree:)hahahahahaha!