Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

First and foremost I need to tell both my Mom and Mother in law Happy Mother's Day.  They are some of the greatest Mom's I know.  Heck, if it weren't for you guys...there would be no Betsy and Gentry:)...and wouldn't life be devastating without us?  Actually, it had to take a TON of patience to raise me.  Mom, I think I get it now...well a little bit.

Hope you BOTH have a great day!  

I always would joke with the Primary kids at church that Mother's Day was my 2nd favorite holiday next to...well my birthday.  And shouldn't that be a holiday?  The kids were always really nice and sang extra loud for me on Mother's Day.  But seriously, I do love Mother's Day now that I'm a MOM.  I pull the "But will you do it for me cause it's Mother's Day?" card all day long.  LOVE IT!

I woke up this morning at 6:30 (Alyssa asked me to sleep in.)  So I came down and she and Gentry were making french toast. She actually knows how to make it herself.  I thought that was so sweet.  She is such a thoughtful little girl.  She hurried to get me the present she made for me.  It's such a cute picture I put it on my desk so I could see it everyday.

Then the boys eventually came down after sleeping in the two porta-cribs they set up in Alyssa's room.  (They are so weird, but I didn't feel like battling them last night.)  Gentry said we need to find a better hiding place to store the porta cribs.

Boston gave me his present and he had his teacher write on the card "I love you because you make my bed and make food for me."  I think it's funny my kids always have food on their mind:)...just like their Mama!
Brock didn't give me my present until right before church.  He couldn't find it.  Luckily after looking I was able to find my own present so he could give it to me.  On Brock's card he wrote "I love you because you make me a ROCK STAR"  He was laughing before I even finished reading it.  Boston was also totally excited for me to read it.  I swear the humor of a 5 year old. 
I can't forget Gentry.  He is always taking care of me.  I couldn't ask for a better husband.  He left a note on the computer for me...he knows me all too well..gotta check that email.  I don't know how long I'd last if I didn't have him to help me raise these three kids.  He is always making me laugh, even if it's at the kids expense from teasing them or just repeating a line from a TV show we watched together. He always has me entertained. Thanks to my family for making today a great one!

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL YOU MOM'S!

5 comments:

Nielson Family said...

Happy Mothers Day:)

AngiDe said...

What a fun Mothers day! I love the things kids say about their Mom... so sweet, honest and innocent.

Happy Mothers Day!

The Lind's said...

Happy Mother's Day!! I love that your boys slept in the porta cribs!:) How funny!

Clements Family said...

Ok I am laughing about the porta cribs. Your boys are so darn funny! Hope you had a great day!

Cyndy Mikesell said...

Thanks you so much!! What a nice comment and your mothers day pictures are darling.