Sunday, May 23, 2010

Blanding Part 1

So Gentry and I packed up Friday morning and drove down to Blanding with the kids.  It was quite an eventful trip.  I didn't need to bring instructions because I had already been there and I knew what I was doing....wrong.  So I was so excited we were basically to Moab that I started texting Adrienne to tell her how close we were.  Well as I am texting Gentry asked if he needed to get off the freeway at any point and I told him no, it would just come up.  Well about 20 minutes after I had seen the Moab sign I started to get worried because I couldn't see any signs of Moab up ahead.  Well stupid me...I didn't realize we were supposed to turn to go to Moab, instead we decided to go to Grand Jct, Colorado.  So after we found the first place we could turn off, we followed a sign saying "Moab".  Lucky for us we got to follow it going 20 miles an hour doing the "Scenic By The Way".  Yep, we tacked on another hour or two to the drive. 
(Just a little visual of the Scenic Route...)
The kids LOVED Blanding.  They especially loved Ian and Adrienne's house with the 7 acres of land they could roam and build forts.  It was super windy but they stayed outside playing for 2 days, with a few breaks to come in and eat.
FORT NIELSON
The kids worked really hard gathering rocks, sticks and flowers.
And when you live in Blanding you apparently need one of these...the kids thought it was soooo cool.
Enjoying the ride.

THANKS ADRIENNE AND IAN for being such fabulous hosts!

2 comments:

Cyndy Mikesell said...

Looks like everyone had a good time. The shower looks really nice. Love the apron:). Good Job Betsy and Adrienne.

Brittany said...

I'm so glad the kids had so much fun!! They have huge smiles on their faces in all those pics! Love it! Blanding is a great place!!