Saturday, April 24, 2010

My Own Half Marathon...

So my friend Angie has been wanting to run a half marathon.  I run with her every morning and try to tell her it's not worth it.  The last time I ran a marathon I didn't even lose weight. Not to mention the money you spend to run the race.  So I told her we could invent our own half marathon and take the money we would have spent and buy ourselves a new pair of capri's.  So that's what we did this morning.  I bought mine the night before just to make sure I didn't back out:)

Her husband was really nice, he even drove around to find us and then he came out at the end to take a picture.  Gentry took a picture too, after I called him and told him I needed one.  Apparently he didn't find my invented 1/2 Marathon too exciting. 

14 comments:

Nielson Family said...

Way to go!! What route did you take? Did you have a watch to track your miles and time? I told Ian I was never doing another half marathon EVER! Now I'm training for that Wasatch Back. He thinks I'm crazy. Love your outfit:)

The Bullocks said...

The most amazing part of your whole half marathon is that you ran 13 times around the SAME loop. (kill me now) that takes the same amount of mental strength as running a full marathon. next time you should just go the the high school and run 52 times around the track. Good job.

Al and Suzie McInnes said...

Way proud of you Betsy. I love your determination.

Annika said...

You are so cute.

Cyndy Mikesell said...

GREAT JOB!! Betsy!!

Clements Family said...

That is awesome! Yea for new capris!

carrie said...

Great idea! I think that's awesome. Maybe you can make one up for me. I'm dying to do one....but I'm too scared I wouldn't be able to do it and I don't want to waste the money. Yes, I'm a big chicken. I love your running outfit, BTW. Are you ever dressed ugly?? ha ha

The Hulls said...

Ooo, I think thats a great idea!!

Heather said...

So I guess you wouldn't be impressed that I ran 1.2 miles on the treadmill today?

Greg and/or Angie said...

Thanks for going with me! It was so fun and now I feel so cool:)

Kaydee and the boys said...

You crack me up. I personally think that deserves more than a new pair of capris.
And I'm so jealous I can't run right now... well, I suppose I could but it would end up being more of something you would see only in nightmares (what with the waddling and ground shaking... and ALL). Yikes.

Brittany said...

Way to go girls! Not only did you not have to pay to enter the marathon but you were guarenteed first & second places! That's awesome!! I'm getting VERY excited for the baby shower! And don't worry I won't buy everything. I have just registered for EVERYTHING.:)

510Jen said...

You are hilarious. Way to go. I agree you need more than just capri's don't ya think?

McInnes Family said...

I think that is the best idea! I love that you get capris instead. Sounds like a good trade to me. You're new header on your blog is so cute. You guys all look so cute and I love all of your outfits!