Sunday, December 5, 2010

Ups and Downs...

Last week was a really hard week. Thursday night we were getting ready to go to Alyssa's school performance and on our way out we ran over Claire.  For some reason, she didn't move and we didn't see her.  I started crying and panicking along with my kids, when we realized what had happened.  Gentry told me to take the kids to the program and he would meet us there.  I called Gentry to see how Claire was and he said she died.  I was crushed.  I didn't think I really cared about animals all that much, but Claire was the perfect pet.  We were all having a hard time, and I had to go get the kids from school the next day because they were still having such a hard time. 
 Alyssa at her performance.  She did a great job and the whole program was adorable.  I felt bad for her because we had all been crying right before she had to start.

Saturday afternoon I noticed that at the District Petco was having the Humane Society pet adoptions.  So I told Gentry we should go over and check it out.  We took the kids and literally immediately I found our kitty.  I got this lump in my throat cause I knew she couldn't replace Claire but that she would be a good addition to our family.  She's been a good little kitty so far.  Gentry was the one who named her and he picked Lily.  The kids all liked it so the name stuck.


 The kids all wanted a chance to have their picture with Lily.


7 comments:

Annika said...

I really am so sorry about Claire! That is such a hard thing to have a pet die!!! I am convinced one of the reasons we have them is to help us learn to deal with loss and death.

Lily is darling and I'm sure she will be be a great addition to your darling family.

P.S. If you want to be twins next week at church just call me on Saturday night and we can coordinate. (Seriously, what are the chances?!)

Cyndy Mikesell said...

I am so sorry about Claire:(.But Lily is darling.I wish I would have known about Alyssa's school performance I would have loved to have seen it. :( I am so sorry Alyssa I would have been there if I would have known. I am sure you did a great job!
Love, Grandma Cyndy

Al and Suzie McInnes said...

Lily is darling and the kids look so happy again. We were so sad when Claire died because she really was a part of your family.

Clements Family said...

Oh...I am sorry about Claire. That is so sad. But your new kitty is so cute!

Nick and Amera said...

Oh man........ thats pretty traumatizing. Sorry to hear about the kitty, but thank goodness for the new cute Lily :) we love kitties at our house, so we feel your pain. Hope you guys are having a good holiday season!!

Kaydee and the boys said...

Oh... sniff, sniff. That breaks my heart that your kids had to witness that.
Not to change the subject or anything, but that family picture is adorable! Good job setting that one up. Lily totally belongs.

... & where did you get that skirt???... so cute. :)

The Bullocks said...

I"m so glad you guys got a new kitty... she looks so sweet. Bailee will miss Clair also. I haven't broken the news to her yet. I think she likes to pretend that she is her pet, when she goes over there. I'm so sorry.
we'll be excited to meet little lily.