Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th of July!

Photobucket
I love the 4th of July! So many fun traditions. We always take the kids to the parade on Friday night. Then Saturday we go to Riverton pool to do all of the fun swimming stuff. My kids love Diving For Dollars. And now Gentry and I got roped into helping out. (Gentry gets to be a judge for the Cannon Ball contest, and I usually help with the Diving For Dollars stuff.) We love it, it's super fun. I love all the fun traditions. It makes holidays more fun.

Photobucket
We found a perfect spot this year to watch the parade. It was a really fun parade and the kids scored lots of candy.

Photobucket

This picture makes me laugh cause Brock just wanted to sit in the shade. Next year we will bring the umberellas we bought...but left at home.

Photobucket
While the kids were waiting for the parade to start, they asked if we would buy them these visors. They didn't wear them for more than 3 minutes, but they were excited to get them.

Photobucket
Diving for Dollars has been the kids favorite thing. They get so excited. They got over $5.00 when we combined all of their money! They spent it on beef jerky at the snack shack.

Photobucket
My nephew Porter. He broke his femur a couple weeks ago, but he has been such a sport. He's actually starting to kind of walk with his cast on.

Photobucket
Me and my prego sister in law Michele. She's having her 3rd boy...I was sure she was having a girl. Guess I don't know everything:) She was convinced it was a girl too until the 2nd ultrasound (Both ultrasounds said it was a boy, but we thought the first guy must be wrong.) I guess she's gonna have to try again for that girl:)

Photobucket
Doing my best announcing. Oh yeah and Janay and Haley were telling me what to say...Janay told me to announce "at 10:00 the F-16 jets will be flying over." So I repeated it into the mic. Then she said "or is it the F-14?" Which I repeated into the mic. After I said it, I tried to cover up with saying "Sorry guys it was bad information given to me." EMBARRASING! Hopefully no one heard. Then she told me to announce "no diving" to the kids getting ready to get their money. Only to have a guy look at us and say "well isn't it called Diving For Dollars?" But how can we call it Jump in the water and find money?...ok so no diving is involved, but it sounds better.
So you may think my job looks easy...but it can be quite stressful. LOL:)

Photobucket
My nephews Connor and Buster. They are both life guards, and swim teachers. So they were there helping out too.

3 comments:

Clements Family said...

What a fun 4th you had! Traditions really do make holidays so much fun. And it is something the kids look forward to! We need to get together soon...I think we need to come to your house (do you like that I am inviting myself???)

carrie said...

Oh my gosh, such cute pictures! You're always doing such fun things. I love all the great stuff they do in Riverton for the 4th. They do such a good job. I'm sure you were a great announcer! :o)

AngiDe said...

What a fun 4th of July! I haven't been to Riverton pool since high school!!! Crazy!

XO