Monday, July 27, 2009

ADVENTURES IN VEGAS

So I went to Vegas to watch a couple of my niece Haley's basketball tournament games and I convinced Heather last minute to join me.

Here are a few pics from the trip:

This first pic is right when we got our stuff loaded into our room and then we decided to get on the shuttle that takes us over to the strip. Well this is what we stumbled on while walking to the front of the hotel...yes it is a criminal and he had a bag on his head because he was so high on drugs he was spitting at the cops. I sent this pic to Gentry's phone and he called me when he got it and told me to "LEAVE WHEREVER YOU ARE!" I told him we were safe and at the mall by the time he got the text. But I must say I was a little nervous about the hotel after seeing this.
We went and had our makeup done...it was fun, but by the time we got home we had to wash it off because we were ready for bed.
Me and my cute niece Haley...the B-ball star:)
OK so I was starting to think we were being punked after several things that had happened...after the first few I started taking pictures. This one is of the gas station that I turned in to and EVERY SINGLE pump was out of order. I was laughing and told Heather we needed to get a pic and so I asked this guy and he just walked away and told me he would after he paid for his gas, does he not see the sign OUT OF ORDER? So I asked the next lady I saw and she was nice enough to do it.
Next I called to ask if we could get towels because they only gave us 2 and there were 3 of us in the room. A guy brought them to the room and when I got out of the shower I realized that he gave us RUGS! Umm they were a little small.
Then the 2nd night at about 3:00 in the morning I woke up to hearing water running. That would be the water coming from the ceiling and door jams. We were on the 2nd floor and I was worried the people above us were going to collapse in on us. I called the front desk and they told us they would get us a new room, but after waiting for our new room the water stopped and we figured we could wait until morning to get a new room. We were too tired to move all of our crap.
Not quite sure what this pic was...I think Heather was giving Haley a ride???
Out of the 220 hotels I searched in Vegas only 17 allow animals...I was brilliant enough to pick the one that allows dogs. (we all know how much I don't love dogs.) Our neighbor next door had a dog that wouldn't stop yapping so we would bang on the door...causing him to bark more. Finally we called the room and the ringing for some reason made the dog stop barking for at least a few minutes.
Heather and I went to the show Mesmerized. It was pretty darn funny. I had a guy stop while we were waiting and take a double take...at my shoes. He stopped and said "Great shoes!"
I think I lost count of how many times I got lost, but this time in particular the GPS took me to a field instead of Big O tires...I guess it's important to enter the right address.
Thanks Heather for going with me...and joining in on the good ol' adventures. I'd say we got a few good laughs.

7 comments:

The Hulls said...

Looks like you guys had a fun time! And those are great shoes!!

The Bullocks said...

looks like you had a good time. I'm jealous.

carrie said...

First of all, Haley looks so grown up! I hope she did well! That's awesome you got to go with her. I'm sure she loved it. YOU are adorable AND hilarious. I loved reading about your fun adventures. :o) By the way, those ARE great shoes! You are just beautiful. I'm sure the guy had to make up something when he was staring at you. hee hee Glad you had fun!

Clements Family said...

What fun adventures. I would have totally freaked out seeing someone with a bag over his head getting arrested.

Heather said...

Thanks for such a fun weekend. I'm still laughing over so many things. PS-I stole your pictures:)

The Lind's said...

Looks like you guys had such a fun time! Wish I could have met you for lunch! we need to plan a girls get together in Aug. when I am up. Cute pictures!

missy :) said...

I love that you are such a great sister and even better Aunt!!Haley had a blast! I'm not sure if it was more fun being with you or playing, but I know the best stories are of you and NOT basketball! haley said you got lost from the beginning! Remember you met her in the Lobby and she was there waiting... and you realized you were at the pool, nho lobby in sight! And then you told her no worries,"I know right were our room is... 10 minutes later she showed you! LOL! JK! She had such an awesome time with you and Heather, so thanks and I owe you huge! Oh she did say that with you anything is possible! You asked her coach about her missing the older girls game, and he mummbled something about,"dang..you got a hot aunt haley...something, something... ya- you can miss whatever haley!:) with a big smile!