Monday, July 20, 2009

Bear Lake

Well most of you know that I am not a fan of camping...so this year I somehow managed to convince my family to skip the annual Lake Powell trip (that has been a tradition since I was born) and go to Bear Lake. We stayed at a condo on the beach and I LOVED every minute of it. The kids were sad to leave, and so was I...although I am excited to get them on a regular sleeping schedule. We stayed up late and woke up early to get the most out of every day. It was so fun to be with most of my family. (Once again Jennifer and Alan's families weren't able to make it..we missed you guys!)Gentry saw that I was trying to take a picture and so he started posing...he didn't realize I was really going to post it.




Brock got daring and got in the water..sort of :)


Boston and his tiny sand castle...he was so proud of it.


My hot hubby!:)


Boston and Grandpa Al


Kate and Alyssa



Cooper and JT


Buster and Haley


CJ and Mac

The kids thought it was sooo cool to stand up while on the tube. Brock was so funny he was flashing all kinds of signs from "I love you" to "peace", and "rock on".



The kiddos in the hot tub...it was so nice to have pools and hot tubs if you weren't in the mood to go to the lake.
OK so I am not a fan of actually being IN a lake. So it took a LOT of convincing on Missy's part to get me out on the tube. She promised to drive nice so I wouldn't crash...she left out the details of having her husband DUMP me over board. Not to mention I was wearing a teeny tiny life jacket that was made for a 5 year old. (It was the only option on board.) So needless to say I made it IN the lake. I almost drowned cause the darn life jacket was TOOO SMALL!!! She got the whole thing on video too.
I wasn't going to post this pic, but I thought we needed a "visual" of exactly how small this life jacket was. HELLO I could have drowned:) Retarded pic, I know...but I just suffered from an anxiety attack after being thrown into the water unexpectedly.
Getting ready to leave the condo...one last pic of me and Missy:)

On the way home we stopped at Renegade Sports and went rode on the Go-Carts. It was a BLAST!


The kids got to ride on this ride called the Frog Hopper. The people were really nice and let them go a second time for free!

12 comments:

missy :) said...

I work my graveyard shift tonight- and my only goal is to figure out how to send the link to your video so you can upload the video of your tube ride! It is priceless and I feel your fellow blog friends are entitled to see!! lol! if it doesn't work then I'll drive it over to your house in the morning!:) Bear Lake was soo fun! ya did great sis! of course the food was fantastic too!!!

Cyndy Mikesell said...

WHAT A FUN SUMMER YOU GUYS HAVE HAD WITH FAMILY. Fun Pictures.:)

Amy said...

So fun! We are headed up tomorrow... I'm going to try and avoid the lake too if I can ;)
Super cute life jacket!! You didn't drown, so it must have done it's job.

Chad and Kelly said...

Crazy! We were in Bear Lake too! And it looks like we were in the same area. Looks like you had fun! I love the tiny life jacket:) Hopefully we will run into you somewhere IN TOWN:) enjoy your summer!

Johnston Family said...

Looks like fun! Love the life jacket, or lack thereof, but hey, it shows off your bangin' bod. So when shall we hang out & what do you want to do?

Al and Suzie McInnes said...

Bear Lake was fun and so thanks for all your work putting things together. Love, Mom

Nick and Amera said...

What a fun trip with your family! i HATE HATE HATE camping so I hear ya on that. My poor husband LOVES it, but I have ruined his life in this area :) Cute picts, your kids are darling and your boys always look like they are up to something! haha. That picture of you is great, of course your gorgeous as ever. I DONT CARE how small the life jacket, I would wear one even if It was a newborn size!! Im TERRIFIED of water and I still dont know how to swim, sad hu??? Fun times for you and your family, your all adorable as ever!

Nielson Family said...

I swear your family can make anything look like fun. That life jacket is hilarious. I know you sat there long and hard debating on whether to post that picture or not but I'm glad you did.

McInnes Family said...

We had soo much fun!! Thanks for making it all happen. It was a perfect year for me to spend at Bear Lake. I loved it. I hope we do it again in the future :)

The Hulls said...

I love the pictures Bets! I'm glad you all had so much fun! Hopefully next year we can come too! Okay so I really want to see the video of you tubing... I'll probably have to talk to Missy about that! Love you guys and miss you!

The Lind's said...

Hello skinny minnie! You look great! I am glad the life jacket saved you! I think you need to post that video!:) I love the flashing "I love you signs"...how cute! Looks like a fun family vacation!!

The Bullocks said...

That looks like so much fun. I'm so jealous. We need to plan a family vacation. We need to get the kids together again!!!