Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy 4th of July

I love the 4th of July...probably because it's in the summer and there's always food involved.

We went to Riverton's parade.  Some call it "watching traffic" because there aren't many floats.  I have to agree a little bit, but my kids scored a ton of candy and I even caught a new shirt.
We got there an hour early and this is the kids anxiously waiting.

Before 30 minutes of waiting had gone by they were tired of waiting and this is what they looked like....
Capri Sun's and Otter Pops can only do so much.  They wanted the parade to start.
I saw a friend waiting and we joked about the fact that we were getting mad at our kids telling them that we brought them here to have fun....which they did have fun...eventually.

Now, on to Saturday where we always head to Riverton Pool for 
Diving for Dollars.
Boston and Cooper
Brock already has his goggles on and he's ready to go.
Both of my boys dared to go off the HIGH DIVE this year.


Both of us got our 4th of July Leis on...that's what they're called right?

I'm actually really surprised how much money my kids got from this!

And can you guess who was one of the Tanning Contest winners?!?

Then it was off to my house for more swimming and a little lunch.


Then we took the kids to Riverton Park for the Haystack Game.
They throw a bunch of toys, money and candy in a bunch of hay and have the kids sift through it.  This was our first year going and the kids loved it.
Max, Brock, Bridger, Boston, Porter, Alyssa, Jordyn, Halle and Marin

This is Alyssa headed in for the Haystack Madness!

Then we headed to my Mom's house for dinner....good times!
HAPPY 4th OF JULY EVERYONE!

3 comments:

Heather said...

The fourth of july is one of my favorite holidays. I tried to tell Mike about all the fun events going on but I can't talk him into going to any of them. They all look so fun. Maybe next year will be our year.

The Hulls said...

You guys had tons of fun activities to go to!!! Wish we were there to celebrate with all of you!

Clements Family said...

That sounds like so much fun. I want to go the the diving for dollars next year!!