Friday, December 4, 2009

And the ugliest sweater is.....

Mike's sweater. He won the award. I think we can all agree his was the worst. I thought Heather did a mighty fine job too. She even detailed with Christmas earrings and socks.
Photobucket
I thought my sweater was going to win. I scouted this sweater out, I found it on my friend Amy's blog. Her husband wore it to an ugly sweater party and I thought it would be perfect for Gentry. Well the day of the party my kids were sick with strep throat so Gentry being the awesome husband that he is, stayed home and let me go. (thanks again Gentry:) So I got to wear this FABULOUSly ugly sweater. Thanks again Amy and Mitch for the sweater rental. (PS last minute, I let Katie's husband wear the turtle neck that was supposed to go with my sweater so he could look a little uglier...I think it worked:)
Photobucket
Diana was the 2nd runner up. Her sweater came accented with a gingerbread turtleneck and a Christmas pin.
Photobucket
Katie hosted the party and came up with the "Ugly Sweater" theme. The funny thing is, her sweater is almost back in style. With the right accessories it could be cute. I loved her fake conversation in this picture. She makes me laugh.
Photobucket
Mark and Lindsey are of course BYU fans. Which I have to say I'm glad, because sometimes I ask Gentry if we can just be U of U fans like all my other friends. So I'm glad to see there are a few BYU fans around here.
Photobucket
Lindsay and Brooks....hmmm I don't think either of these sweaters are ugly. But the mustache, well that we could all do without:) Lindsay wasn't a fan of the mustache either. But hey at least we all got a laugh.
Photobucket
Thanks Katie for having a fun Christmas party! Until next year...

6 comments:

Darci said...

how fun what a cute idea next year tell me Ron's mom has lots of sweaters that would win you an award we were just laughing at the sweet sweater vests in her closet in their st george house super SEXY!

Cyndy Mikesell said...

So Betsy will you ask Katie if I could borrow her Christmas Sweater to wear to school. My first graders would think it was great!! LOL

Clements Family said...

Thanks for mentioning how ugly his mustache is:) fun night...hopefully your kids are feeling better!

Lindsey Stubler said...

Thanks for posting those pictures... I was lame and forgot my camera. It's always fun to get together with our friends and eat until we're sick, huh. And I've laughed mulitple times since, thinking about Katie's funny stories. That was a fun party!

The Bullocks said...

I can't believe how on top of things you are. already an ugly sweater post. That was so fun. Thanks for the turtle neck loan. I love our friends. Bailee was looking at all of the pictures and told me she thinks they are all really cute sweaters. I had to tell her instead of an Ugly sweater party it was really a "christmas sweater party" so her feelings wouldn't be hurt.

Kaydee and the boys said...

What'r you talking about ugly?? - I would wear 'em. :) ...So stylish.