Monday, August 10, 2009

Meet Claire...and 1st day of Preschool!

For a while now my kids and Gentry have been asking to get a pet. I told them I'd be happy to get any pet that doesn't poop or pee. The other day I was driving with my boys and this was our conversation:

Boston: Hey Mom, I think we should get a lamb!

Me: Why?

Boston: Because lambs don't poop or pee.

I told him they actually do, and we couldn't get one.

So meanwhile they've been trying to find an animal I would approve of....and I caved. Yep, I let them get a kitty. (I kind of like the little thing..shhh) Unfortunately she does go to the bathroom, but at least for now she hasn't had an accident. Probably because my kids won't put her down. I think she's gonna forget how to walk at this rate. They love her! Alyssa came up with the name. She wanted either Isabelle or Claire and I told her Claire was easier to say, so that's what we named our new kitty.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
The boys had their first day of preschool today. They love Miss Elke! I was ready for them to go back to school too. I think they get bored while I'm working.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

7 comments:

Heather said...

I can't believe you caved and got a pet! I am really feeling the pressure now!!!

Clements Family said...

I can't believe you got a cat! And I can't believe school has even started for your boys.

The Hulls said...

Oh she's so cute Bets! And Alyssa did a great job picking out her name! Love you guys!

Kaydee and the boys said...

Oh, you're such a sucker. I love it.

Al and Suzie McInnes said...

Love the pictures. Claire is a cute kitty. Love, Mom

The Lind's said...

What a great mom you are! My kids don't even ask anymore for a pet. I can't handle them...the pets that is! Claire is a cute kitten! Good luck hopefully no messes! :) Oh and your little preschoolers look so cute!!

Nielson Family said...

My kids don't start preschool until August 25th. I'm a little nervous for Tenli because I know she is not going to want me to leave. Both my kids go on Tuesdays & Thursdays. Your kitten is sooo cute. White cats are my favorite.

P.S. Tenli was telling Jett that she doesn't like boys and Jett said "what about Boston & Brock, you like them" and her response was "I like them I just don't like real boys".