Sunday, February 1, 2009

Rockin' Eggs




My kids get bored and they come up with the most random ideas. So the last idea was to make a swing with their jump rope and my treadmill. And we all know how I feel about treadmills...they are like prison, I'd rather jog in 7 degree weather than the treadmill because I watch the time and 30 seconds feels like 10 minutes. So the fact that they used it for a swing seemed like a great idea...one more reason I can't use it:)

Anyway so the other day Brock comes upstairs crying, and Alyssa and Boston following behind to explain. So I take one look at Brock's forehead and see the treadmill marks and I couldn't help but laugh...he swung once too hard and slammed right into the tread. I tried to take a picture but he didn't want to cooperate, so you'll have to click on the picture to get a better visual. (And yes I am well aware of the fact that he has popcorn stuck in between his teeth...I do brush them though.)

A couple other things I have to mention. I made my last years blog into a book and I LOVE it!! I was reading posts I completely forgot about. So I am trying to make an effort to write the fun things my kids say. For example it is winter and I'm not crazy about the snow so I've been taking my kids to the library a lot..or as Brock would call it, the LIVE BERRY.

Yesterday Brock was helping Gentry fix our door...yes and Gentry fixed our locks too. (For the record we have been living the last 2 months with only locks on our BACK yard door. That issue is fixed now..thank you Gentry.) Anyway Brock smelled something bad and said to Gentry "That smells like rockin eggs!"

9 comments:

The Hulls said...

I love the stories of the things they say! They are so funny!

Michelle D. said...

Betsy-
How did you make your blog book? The one web-site that I knew about quit accepting blogger...so I've been hunting for someplace to do it. Send me an email please michdalby1@hotmail.com
Thanks!
I love watching your kids grow up :)

Nielson Family said...

The games kids make up are so funny. Jett & Tenli still talk about the "camp" that Boston & Brock made. I hope Brock's forehead is getting better.

AngiDe said...

That's quite the tread mark on your little ones face =) Glad he wasn't hurt too bad..... and that they came up with something fun to do!

Glad to hear you like your blog book.... I can't wait to do that with mine. I hear they are just awesome!

XO

The Lind's said...

How funny about the rockin eggs! I love when my kids say funny things like that...I never correct them because I think it's too funny!

Poor little guy with those nasty tred marks! That had to hurt! Glad he is okay! and that your tredmill is getting some use! I so agree about the 30 seconds feeling like forever...I never make it that far! :)

carrie said...

We use our treadmill as a clothes hanger....ha ha My treadmill contributed to the ruining of my knees, I'm sure of it. :o) BTW, I get my blog turned into a book every year (the whole two years I've been doing it...ha ha) and I love it, too. Do you use blurb?? You'll have to let me know.

Jenni said...

I love reading your blog, your kids or always entertaining.

Clements Family said...

Oh...if you come to Heather's on thursday will you bring your book??? I want to see it. I need to start working on mine. I always love reading your blog...it is always funny! Your kids are so dang cute.

McInnes Family said...

So funny! I love that you can actually see the treadmarks. It's one of those times when your kids get hurt and you have to turn the other way as you are trying not to bust up laughing :) Poor guy. I love the funny things they say too. Good idea to write them down.