Saturday, January 24, 2009

GOOOO ALYSSA!






So I have to say I am so proud of Alyssa. She did the Mini Cheer Camp at Riverton High School. She had so much fun. She is usually pretty shy, but for some reason she came out of her shell. My mother in law and I were laughing because it was so unlike her to be so into it. She did so good and even threw in a few high kicks at the end.

Ok so one more thing I have to add. If you look at the pictures you'll notice that all the girls have their shirts cinched up in the back. The cheer adviser was handing out rubber bands to all the girls so they could cinch up the back and make it a little more form fitting. So she gave me a rubber band and I couldn't help but laugh. (Don't get me wrong I would have totally done that to my shirt back when I was in high school...and I might have even tried to pull off showing a little skin:) Anyway so I followed the other moms and knotted the back of Alyssa's shirt so she matched everyone else. Next thing I know I look over and Alyssa has taken it off and pulled her shirt down. I need to be proud of that I think...my poor mom had to put up with my rebellious ways.

We had fun watching Alyssa. She begged to do it, so I said what the heck! She had a blast!

12 comments:

Cyndy Mikesell said...

Yeah Alyssa!! I was so proud of you. Thanks for letting us come and watch the future Riverton High School cheerleader. You did awesome:)

AngiDe said...

She's adorable! Look at her following in her Mama's footsteps!

carrie said...

She is such an adorable girl. I'll bet it was so much fun watching her. I'm sure she had a blast. :o)

Clements Family said...

How cute! I bet you were one proud mom! And I think it is so great that she didn't follow the other girls with the whole shirt thing!

The Hulls said...

Good Job Alyssa!! How fun! She looks so cute out there! Love you guys!

Amy said...

I love it! She looks so great, good form and everything!! She's going to be a beautiful cheerleader one day!

Chereebee said...

what a cute little cheerleader!

The Bullocks said...

what a cutie. ya Bailee definitely would have been one to try and show a little skin or all of it. she's always trying to see how much she can get away with in that department. it makes me worried for when she's older.

THE PRINCE FAMILY said...

Nice job Alyssa! She looks so cute! That is so cute that she wanted to be modest! I'm impressed

The Lind's said...

She is gorgeous! That makes me laugh that the cheerleaders were handing out things to tie their shirts! How funny! So cute that Alyssa was modest! You taught her well!

Di said...

Little cheerleaders are so cute. It's the older ones that you have to worry about... you still have some time :)

Brett and Andrea Robinson said...

I cannot wait until Andi is old enough to do all this stuff!!! Alyssa is so cute and I'm sure she is LOVING following in her mommy's steps...
Hey- I was going to ask you, where did you find the pattern for the aprons you made? I wanted to make one for Andi and I and also my mom... :)