Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Letterman-Here we come!




So I've always wondered how people come up with these "stupid human tricks"...and now I know. The other night Gentry and I were in bed and the kids all come running in to show us that Boston had a crystal in his belly button. I swear my kids are so bizarre. I couldn't help but laugh. Ever since he was a baby he has pulled on his belly button. We had to leave his pajamas half-way unzipped so at night he could play with his belly. (Weird I know.) But apparently he's stretched it out enough to fit a crystal.

Next is a little Valentine round-up. We had a fun time. I'm bummed because I forgot to take pictures at Alyssa's school party. The room mother put a ton of fun cute ideas together and I know Alyssa had fun. I need to post some pics of that. (Maybe I'll steal some from her teacher:)..thanks Cyndy.) The boys were super bummed they didn't have a Valentine shirt like her, but I told them hearts look better on girls.

Boston and Brock wore red shirts and red sweats that resembled something more along the lines of Capri's, but they didn't care they were in the "Valence Time" spirit. (That's how they pronounce it.) They made these cards for us, and I thought it was sweet...notice how Brock said he'd help put out the pool as his "gift" to us, and Boston said he would make us a Valentine card for our gift...he actually had his teacher write that on the Valentine card...someday they'll laugh at themselves. I loved it though.

And last but not least...Gentry came home from work while I was picking Alyssa up from a birthday party, and I came home to beautiful flowers, chocolates and a super sweet card. Thanks so much babe! I LOVED IT ALL!

One last side note: I included a picture Brock colored. I noticed he wrote his name completely backwards. I used to do that when I was little. I thought it was a left handed thing, I guess not cause he is right handed.

8 comments:

AngiDe said...

That is so funny about your little boy and his belly button! He is going to love hearing about that when he is older!

McInnes Family said...

Boston's belly button is hilarious. One day he is going to look back at that and crack up :) I love their cute Valentines. Miss Elke is so creative. Max said he "would clean his room." I love the ideas she comes up with.

Cyndy Mikesell said...

That story about the bead was a laugh out loud moment for me. What will they come up with next.
Such cute Valentines cards. And yes come and get the Valentine class pics. It was a fun party. And lucky you flowers and chocolate. Points for Gentry!

Clements Family said...

Oh my gosh...that is absolutely hilarious. Your kids are always doing something funny!
Brooks sometimes rights his name backwards too...I wonder why that is!

Nielson Family said...

Boston's "crystal belly button" is a classic. That's way funny! I didn't even think to do a Valentines post. I should have done that.

The Hulls said...

I loved all of those pictures! I had forgotten that Boston would always play with his belly button. Wouldn't he drink from his bottle and play with his belly button at the same time. He's too funny! I love their Valentine cards too! They are doing so good writing their names!

Al and Suzie McInnes said...

Love your pictures. Can't believe Boston can do that with his belly button.

carrie said...

That belly button thing was hilarious! You have such funny little kids.... I love reading about them. They are really good at writing their names! I'm glad my son isn't the only one who writes his name backwards sometimes. I think it's cute. I'm so glad you had such a good Valentine's day!! :o)