Thursday, February 26, 2009

LAS VEGAS






So Gentry decided to take me to Vegas. We had been wanting to go on a "get away" for a while now. He was on the computer 24/7 looking at hotels and places to go. He found a killer deal and we took advantage of it. It was the best weekend ever. We had so much fun. That was our first time alone! We usually have friends or kids with us, so it was a fun change. I loved spending time together with no interruptions. Here are a couple pics of our adventures. We stayed in a suite at TheHotel at Mandalay Bay. It was incredible. The tub was as big as a hot tub and the shower was a steam shower, so you didn't get cold...I loved it!:)

This is a pic in front of New York New York...we didn't stay there, but for some reason most of our pics are in front of it. Go figure.



This is a pic of us after going to one of those time share things. I actually felt like I was on Candid Camera the whole time. The guy was a complete jerk, and he drove us in his trashy car that wouldn't start, and was using the F word because he was apparently "having a bad day". So I was like "Can I get my free stuff so I can go now?" Oh and he actually wanted me to shake his hand after wiping his snotty nose. For REAL??? I wouldn't have purchased anything from this weirdo even if I liked the condos...which I didn't.

Signing up for my free stuff. Oh we got tickets to Bodies, and $125.00 for dinner. Not bad.
Yeah so I went to get a spray tan before we left....Umm it did a number on my hands. I wore long sleeves the whole trip trying to cover up my "OOmpa Loompa" hands. It was even worse in real life.This is the couple we met at the condo thing. We actually had a pretty good time hanging out with them. We made new friends. Last but not least. We tried to take a picture in our hotel room, but we couldn't get a picture with both of us having our eyes open. We couldn't stop laughing after we started. It became a joke so we decided to ask people to take our picture and then make a retarded face. The funny part was people tried to be nice and say "I think it turned out nice!"...we got a good laugh.

We thought the kids would think this was a cool picture.



Our "special" faces...of course the people thought we were trying to look nice, so they didn't say anything mean.

I had to buy slippers because my flip flops were killing my feet. Yes I actually wore them walking down the strip. They have rubber soles...does that make it ok?
Thanks to both our parents for taking the kids so we could have our fun, romantic get away!

12 comments:

The Lind's said...

You guys crack me up! You are so funny...I love all your pictures! I loved that you would purposly make faces...too funny! Sounds like a fun trip!

Cyndy Mikesell said...

Glad you had a good time and I hope the kids did too!! We crafted I still have glitter all over my house LOL!! But it was worth it. Alyssa enjoyed the iron on bead things. It kept her quite busy. The boys just went from one thing to another. Watched a few movies ate and ate:) Like any normal boys.They enjoyed the fruit salad Jordyn and Alyssa made. I think they also enjoyed the sleeping mask I made for each of them. Except Jordyn she had her own. She was the inspiration behind that crafty moment. Alyssa also made a pillow for Jordyn and
Bridger while Jordyn was at school. Alyssa also cooked a fabulous spaghetti dinner. Most of it by herself. I was sad to see them go with grandma Sue.

Cyndy Mikesell said...

Looking at this blog again I do have to say you two make a gorgeous couple. And gorgeous kids. HINT HINT LOL :) I know it is my dream but I will keep the dream alive!! (even if it for only me).
Love you guys!
Mom

Michelle D. said...

What a fun get-away! I love the pictures :) Too funny!

Nielson Family said...

I'm glad you posted all your pictures. I think it's awesome that you and Gentry get along so well. I can't wait until Ian and I go to Vegas. I hope we have as much fun and you guys did.

Clements Family said...

How fun! You guys are so dang cute together. I love all the pictures of just the two of you. Brooks and I need to do that more. YOu guys are such a great example to me!

The Hulls said...

That sounds like sooo much fun!! I laughed out loud when I saw the pictures were you were making faces but the people taking them were still nice. That would have been fun! You guys make me laugh!

Heather said...

How fun! I have been wanting to get away so bad. I saw your mom with the kids at Target and wondered if you were away doing something fun. Looks like you guys had a blast!

Clements Family said...

BTW-how long did your spray tan last? I just got one and am trying to figure out if I should go a couple times before going to Rome.

Brittany said...

Ahhhh Vegas!! Bryce and I just got back from there as well! It was tons of fun but my husband was at a training during the day so I lounged in the room. I still love Vegas though! Adrienne said you guys went to "KA" and didn't like it!!:( I loved it!!!!!

carrie said...

I was laughing when I saw the pictures of your hands...because a long time ago, I went to Vegas with Jason and I got a spray tan, too. I remember going into department stores while I was there and begging them to help me because I was mortified by my hands, too. They told me to wash my hands in lemon juice...but I can't remember if it worked or not! ha ha You still look gorgeous though, like always! :o) I loved all the pictures...and I'm so glad you were able to go have fun w/Gentry by yourself.

The Bullocks said...

How fun. I'm so jealous. and it's true, I think it's so fun that you and Gentry are such good friends. I LOVE the "fake smile" picture. what nerds.
I need to go on a vacation so I'll have something cool to blog about.