Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Summer FUN!!






So my friends all decided it would be a good idea to go on a couples trip. Of course I was all for it...no kids...being lazy. Anyway we ended up going to Mesquite. It was really fun, but not long enough. I could have used a couple more days.

My in-laws were so great to take my kids, I don't know who had more fun...me or the kids. They did everything from go to the movies to making tie die shirts...which they won't take off. My kids won't let me wash the shirts for fear of ruining them. So instead they just stink. Oh well...they're happy. I can't tell you how nice it was to have a break from them and know they were having such a good time too. Of course after picking them up and getting them to bed I found myself singing "back to life..back to reality etc." (you know the rest of the song, but that's the only part I remember, so I just sang that part over and over.) Anyway let's just say I hope they were better for my mother in law. (Sorry Cyndy if they were stinkers.)

Anyway we went to Vegas. Candice and Laura wanted to see the water show at the Bellagio..so I grudgingly went along. I was hot (it was 108 degrees) and thirsty..and I had to pee. Anyway I found myself asking if I could just swing my hose around with music so we could go home, but they didn't go for it. So I found myself a bathroom, and a drink and went into the air conditioned hotel.

I don't think I've laughed so hard in a long time. They were a lot of fun, and I was glad we could all go. I don't think I've stayed up so late in a LONG time. Yes just for the record I stayed up until 2 AM!...and woke up at 5 AM to go running the next morning. Not much sleep, but we had too much fun laughing to get any rest.

7 comments:

Amy said...

How fun! Everyone deserves some time off once and a while!
You cracked me up about the hose and music... not a bad idea though. Could turn out to be a big money making venture if you pursue it!!

Nielson Family said...

I'm so glad we got to go. We'll have to plan another trip!

The Naylors said...

What, no kids? How LUCKY are you guys looks like so much fun. I would have probably preferred the hose and sitting inside too! (sad to say)

Clements Family said...

How fun is that! I am so jealous of your trip! It is always fun to get away without kids!

The Bullocks said...

That looks like so much fun. I want a vacation so bad. I can't wait until the end of this month, Ryan will be DONE with the bar yea!!!! when he is we should double. we haven't even seen you guys.
oh and p.s I sent an invite in the mail for Boston and Brock to come to Tyson's b-day party, it's next Saturday. (the 12th)

Johnston Family said...

That was sooo much fun! Thanx again for inviting me & good ol' Bob Saggat!

Cyndy Mikesell said...

I had the most fun when you were gone. Spending time with the grandkids always number one on my list.... Thanks for giving me the chance.
Love Ya all!!