Sunday, July 6, 2008

Fourth of July Weekend



We had a really fun 4th of July! It started out on Thursday night, we took the kids to the Riverton parade. We went with Brock and Kristin and their family. The kids had a good time, but it was WAY HOT! I swear I thought sweat was going to start showing through my shirt...gross! So about half way through the parade we decided it was a little "over-rated" and told the kids if they left early we would buy them a snow cone. They thought the snow cones sounded like a good idea and we left early. We went swimming and Brock and Kristin provided some fireworks. The kids thought it was was cool.

Friday morning we went to the Riverton pool for "Diving For Dollars" and I helped out a little bit. ( I get suckered in to it cause my sister is in charge.) The kids got lots of money and treats so they thought it was way fun.

Later Friday afternoon we had my family and Gentry's family over for a swimming party/BBQ. It was lots of fun and we were totally worn out! We joined the kids for bed at about 8:00...didn't even get a chance to think about watching fireworks. Luckily we did that the night before!

I have to write one last random side note:
This morning Alyssa was watching tv and pushed pause and made me come watch this infomercial about "Green Bags". If you haven't heard of them they keep your fruit and veggies fresh for up to 30 days. Alyssa wanted me to buy them so bad. She thought it was just what we needed, a few weeks before she wanted me to buy some purse organizer. I swear some of the most random things. Hey at least she's looking out for me right?!?

8 comments:

Nielson Family said...

So when I was in Blanding I had several people ask me about the "blond chick" on my blog. Glad you had a good 4th of July. Can't wait to hear all about it. See ya in the morning.

Clements Family said...

Cute pictures! I can't believe you missed the fireworks! I am totally impressed that your kids weren't asking to see them!

Kristin said...

looks like a fun weekend! saw you at the baby blessing...but i snuck out early to go set up lunch at kc's house...wish i could have talked to you! how nice that you got to get away for a weekend...i swear it makes me a better mom when i get away from my kids for a couple days...and you're right, they have way more fun when they stay with other people...

The Hulls said...

How fun!! Wish we could have been there with you guys! We had fun though, even though it rained the entire day on the 4th. Did you know I'm being induced on the 18th, not even two weeks away! Although I definately wouldn't mind if he came earlier...I'm way to emotional! :) We love you guys and miss you!
Love,
Jennifer

The Bullocks said...

That looks like fun. I'm glad to hear the parade was hot. I was so sad that we didn't make it. I love the riverton parade. it not too big or too small. but it's nice to hear I didn't miss much.

Wendell Shantala said...

Hey,
Ya I know that it has been like forever since I saw or talked to you quys. Your family is so cute. Sounds like you had a ton of fun on the 4th. Thats Great! Take care
Shantala

Cyndy Mikesell said...

THANKS!!! for inviting us over to swim and for the yummy BBQ. It was a great 4th.
Love you guys.

Michelle D. said...

I remember when you were cutting Ty's hair, he was about Alyssa's age. I think you were pregnant with her. He went on and on about which diapers you should buy for her, because of what he'd heard from commercials! Kids say the funniest things :)