Wednesday, July 30, 2008

My Little Girl Is Growing UP!





I have had such mixed feelings the last few days. Alyssa had her first day of ALL DAY school. I was so excited for her to start and by about noon I was calling Gentry to tell him I was sad she was gone. She has my mother in law for a teacher and I asked her when she got home what she called her. She told me she called her "Mrs. Mikesell." I thought she might call her Grandma, but I guess she wanted to be like the other students. She is pretty lucky to have her Grandma for her teacher. Cyndy is the best first grade teacher and hopefully next year she can have my mom for her 2nd grade teacher. (At least I know she's in good hands while she's at school.)

Then to top it all off this morning, I was looking at her tooth and asked if I could pull it out and she said yes, so I gave it a little push and it popped right out. She started gagging, (she thought it broke off in her mouth.) and I grabbed the tooth. It was pretty funny. Then after I pulled it out I almost started to cry because she is so grown up. What is my problem? I thought I would be excited for her to grow up. I think I am a mental case.

Alyssa LOVES first grade, and her new teacher(Grandma Cyndy.) She loves eating lunch at school too! She said the lunch was really yummy. That's good right?

PS I'm still going private, but I thought I'd give you slow pokes another day or two to get me your email addresses!

6 comments:

tristaprince said...

She looks so darling in her school pics! I totally relate to the whole being a mess with them being gone all day. I am dreading it. Bryns starts in two weeks. That is so fun that she has her grandma for her teacher. How nice would that be!!

The Bullocks said...

What a cutie. she looks so grown up. Cindy would be such a fun teacher. that is just so fun to get BOTH grandma's. I bet she is the only kid to ever get both grandma's for a teacher. congrats on your first week Alyssa.

Amy said...

How fun to have your grandma as a teacher! She looks so cute in her back-to-school outfit! She's a doll.
I'm one of those slow pokes...sorry. You know I want to keep reading.
amydansie@gmail.com

KaSeY said...

what a small world of blog hopping! i think the last time i saw you may have been good old south jordan middle school days! amazing how time flies!

Nielson Family said...

Alyssa is so cute. That blue outfit is my favorite. She's probably the most fashionable 1st grader I've ever met.

Michelle D. said...

Such a cute girl...and a cute grandma! What a fun year she's going to have (both Alyssa and Grandma Cyndy!) I wish I was still teaching out there :(