Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter Weekend



Well I hope you all had a Happy Easter! We sure did! We went to the City Easter Egg hunt...always a hit with the kids! (You know stand around for 1/2 hour waiting for the fire engine to sound...kids go running grabbing all the candy and plastic eggs they can find...lasting a whopping 30 seconds...but well worth it for the kids...at least I keep telling myself that:)





Then we took the kids to my Mom and Dad's house to do some egg decorating...which consisted of me asking which color the kids wanted their eggs to be, and me putting the eggs in the dye. (I know it's not as much fun for the kids that way, but let's be honest...I wasn't up for cleaning stains out of their clothes...and they still thought it was fun.)





Sunday we went to church...and yes made it through ALL 3 hours! I was pretty impressed myself I must say. Most Sundays I give up and send the kids home with Gentry...which he is more than willing to do.





And last but not least...we went to my in laws for the Easter egg hunt, and dinner. The food was yummy, and the kids all got new swim suits from Grandma and Grandpa Mikesell. It was really fun!

My Grandma Betty was able to be here for the eventful weekend too!




I was tired and ready for bed at about 7:30...which isn't much earlier than most nights:) But the kids had a good time, and enough candy to last til next year.

11 comments:

Clements Family said...

Super cute pictures! Looks like you had fun. I want you to tell me how to do the whole collage thing...hey and we missed you at chickfila last week!

Cyndy Mikesell said...

Those are the cutest pictures. It was a fun Easter!! Thanks for sharing with us!

The Bullocks said...

Those are all such cute pictures. Your really have such a cute family. I'm glad you guys had a good easter.

Nielson Family said...

at least you didn't lose your kid! love the pictures. had to copy your idea for my blog. see ya at t-ball practice.

The Lind's said...

BEAUTIFUL family! Your family is so cute! I remember meeting your Grandma, back in what 10th grade? from California, right? She hasn't aged a bit! Still super cute little lady! Cute pictures. Looks like the kids still enjoyed the egg coloring...or watching it be done!! :) You make me laugh! I agree a fun project is just sometimes too stressful! Glad you had a great Easter!

Lyndee said...

Your pictures are so dang cute. The best is that you colored the kids eggs for them.That is great! I should of thought of that. Sounds like you guys had a fun Easter.

kassie said...

I love all the picture but my favorite is the swimsuit one. I love Alyssa's pose I was laughing so hard. She is such a cutie and your boys are adorable.

Sarah Bates said...

So cute...what a full packed weekend. Love the family pic...did you take it?

McInnes Family said...

I love all of your cute pictures. It's so fun that you put up a collage of different pictures. So fun that Cyndy gets your kids swimsuits. What a good idea! And it makes me so excited for summer :)

THE PRINCE FAMILY said...

Darling pictures of your cute fam! I'm glad you guys had a great easter!

Nick and Amera said...

Way cute picts!! YOur family is so cute! love all the picts!