Sunday, April 6, 2008

Building A "Fork".


My kids were so proud of themselves this morning. They went downstairs and built a little fort. They came upstairs grinning from ear to ear wanting to show us. Brock yelled "Mom and Dad come see our fork!!!" I thought it was so cute that I didn't correct him. Boston said the same thing, he was so proud of his "fork". Alyssa was too busy to notice what they were saying. She will usually correct them.


Funny little thing happened last night. I swindled my mom into taking my kids for a couple hours so I could go shopping with my friend. So when Brock woke up from his nap I told him Grandma Suzie was going to babysit. He said to me..."Mom if you let me sleep at Grandma's house I'll give you some gum!" I laughed so hard. (Little did he know I would have given him my favorite chocolate chocolate doughnut...the Dunford kind...if he talked Grandma in to taking him.) I had to call my mom to tell her...which led to her feeling obligated to invite the kids to sleep over. So Gentry and I were all alone last night! It was pretty fun. Don't get me wrong I love my kids, but sometimes a night with them at Grandma's is just what a girl needs.


Side note: Notice my boys are wearing shorts and tank tops. Yes that would be compliments of my sister's kids hand me downs. My kids think they are the coolest clothes and I can't get them to take them off.

12 comments:

THE PRINCE FAMILY said...

That is so cute! I love the fork story! And a night alone with your husband can be the perfect thing to feel rejuvinated!

Cyndy Mikesell said...

So cute!! The fork looks like so much fun!! Glad you and Gentry could have some alone time.

The Lind's said...

What a cute little fork! Your kids are too cute!

Clements Family said...

Love the fork! How nice that you had a night to yourselves!!!

Nielson Family said...

I love that your kids play together so well. Shopping was so much fun!

Natelli Johnston said...

Hey Betsy, so every once in a while I peek in on your family. cute "fork" story. you have a beautiful family and you are gorgeous as ever of course, so Laura tells me you are a twilight freak too. What do you think of the movie cast? I can't wait until Breaking dawn comes out, I am totally going at midnight to get it, I did that last year too, it was so fun. Now that you have a blog started for Laura we just need her to put pics on now, well now that I have taken up all your comment space, I'll let you go.

The Bullocks said...

well I'm so happy to see you up and blogging again. I love guilting my mom into watching my kids, it's the best. and I'm glad you had a good date. I can't wait to see you. only a few more weeks. I'll think we'll be out there around May 20th or something.

Heather said...

That's fun that your kids will play so good together. Alyssa seems like she's a good little babysitter. You've got to be careful about what you post, you might give away all our mom secrets to the grandma's. I love it when the kids can get Grandma feeling guilty:)

missy :) said...

Hi Betsy! I Love to read your blog- so thanks for doing it! It's so fun to read! love the kids!!

The Naylors said...

Hey Girl -
I got your blog off of Kassie's through a friend we both have (small world I swear). What a cute pic of your cute kids.
Holly

kassie said...

Your kids are so fun Thank you for letting Alyssa come play she is so fun for Jordyn. Next time you will have to bring the boys up. Then you can have some free time.

510Jen said...

I love the things kids say. THe fork! Fun- you had a night to together. Oh to live by family. One day.