Wednesday, February 13, 2008

San Diego


We went to San Diego this last weekend with our friends. It was really fun. We had plane tickets that were going to expire, so we decided to use them up. Nick and Mignon were nice enough to let us tag along and stay at their brother's condo. It was really nice.


We went to Sea World one day while we were there. It was fun, but I felt totally guilty that my kids were home. They were having the time of their life with Grandma Cyndy and Grandma Suzie. (Thanks again for taking them!) Oh and we went on the water ride...not sure what it's called, but don't let them fool you if the workers say you might get a "little" wet because we got SOAKED. Stupid worker was probably laughing so hard as she watched us go under the water fall. Oh well we had a good time. Little side note: I totally know how to get on and off the trax system they have. (Well Mignon knows and I follow her.)

11 comments:

Di said...

I love San Diego. That must have been nice to get away from this snowy Utah weather. We couldn't get enough of that ride at Sea World and got so soaked by the end of the day.

Nielson Family said...

I'm glad you finally updated. I'm jealous you got to spend some time in warmer weather. I love your new hat, it's totally you.

The Bullocks said...

What is with all these people getting to go on nice warm vacations, I'm so jealous. I need a warm vacation. I was wondering why you hadn't updated for a while, I'm so jealous of you. next February I say we plan a girls trip. I'm glad you had fun, good for you. love ya

Carrie said...

Hey I'm Diana's friend (I'm not a crazy person) and saw your blog on hers. I noticed you have little twins. I'm really interested in "twin stories", I learned a lot about it when I was seeing a high risk doctor. I wondered if you had to see a high risk doctor and how premature they were. My email is carriepace@msn.com my blog is private but I can send you an invite to it if you want to. Cute blog, best wishes.

Amy said...

That's Mitch's favorite roller-coaster he's ever been on. (I think at least... if it's the same as the on in Florida :) )
That is such a fun trip!

Clements Family said...

What a fun warm place to go! I am so jealous! I love that ride at Sea World! The boys stood at the bottom and just let the water get them since they weren't tall enough! I am glad you had fun!

Cyndy Mikesell said...

Hi kids,
I am glad you got to go on your WARM trip!! Just so you know it snowed here while you were gone. But it was beautiful!! I don't mind the snow. But San Diego is a fun place to go and in the middle of winter even nicer. I am not sure if you had more fun in San Diego or if Kim and I had more fun with all the grandkids, yours plus Kassie's. We just stayed busy the whole time and laughed a lot. All the kids get along so well so they stayed busy!! Glad you got away and had fun!

THE PRINCE FAMILY said...

So fun! It looks like you guys had a great time! I love San Diego and it is nice to take a trip with just your husband so don't feel guility!

Kristin said...

how nice to get out of this dang snow! looks like you had fun. and to answer your question...yes step up 2 was every bit as good as the first one...hot guys dancing in the rain...need i say more?

Unknown said...

Fabulous seeing the Mikesell family on here! My hubby Josh said he played some ball with you the other morning! What a small world! Your family is darling!
Sindee

Nick and Amera said...

I definately could use a little heat and some sunshine! Looks like so much fun and I cant wait till I get to go!! Betsy, you are so cute, the same as you were in HS!