Sunday, February 17, 2008

MAN TAG



Thanks for this Katie!
How long have you been married? 8 1/2 years but we've been together since we were 13 (With the exception of a 1 year break).

How long did you date? 5 years We got married just before I turned 19. I think my mom was going to kill me because I was so young.

Who eats more sweets? That would be ME! I wish I was better about that.

Who said I love you first? I think it was Gentry, but it was back when we were just kids.

How old is he? 28

Who is taller? It depends on the shoes. He is actually about 1/2 inch taller, but I always sport the 4 inch heels

Who is smarter? HELLO ME ofcourse!

Who can sing better? Well Gentry definitely sings more often, but singing has always been a passion of mine. Gentry loves to sing songs in Spanish to the kids. (Well the spanish doesn't make sense... I asked Ryan to translate and he said they were just a bunch of random words he was singing, sometimes I get annoyed with his fake language.)

Who pays the bills? I do...how else do I sneak the money to buy a new pair of shoes or pants with out him knowing?

Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Me.

Who mows the lawn? Gentry. I've done it a couple times, but I think he likes it. There's not much lawn to mow now with the pool...just concrete!Who cooks dinner? Mostly me, but he makes an awesome Mac and Cheese!

Who drives? That would be Gentry! He always says he gets car sick if anyone else drives. (However, I have to tell him where to go, when to stop, slow down, speed up, you know the usual.)

Who is more stubborn? Well it used to be me, but he has gotten pretty stubborn in the last few years....ok so it's me.

Who kissed who first? Gentry kissed me first...ofcourse with the push of his friend Brock giving him the "whistle" which apparently meant "Kiss her". I found out a while later that's what all the whistling was from.

Who asked who out? Gentry asked me out. We were so young it was the "Will you go out with me?"...and you don't really go anywhere, you're just "together".

Who proposed? He did. But I did give him a timeline...we were going on a trip for a family reunion and I wanted to have the ring before we left. He totally surprised me and he came to my house at 5 am and proposed by my bed ( I was dead asleep and had to get a piece of gum before I could kiss him.) He was so sincere, I love that memory! He was supposed to ask me that night, but it wouldn't have been a surprise I have to give it to him, he totally surprised me and I LOVED IT!

Who has more siblings? ME, I have 6 and he just has a sister. Poor guy probably overwhelmed by my huge family.

Who wears the pants? I do...I've tried to be better about letting him make the call, but I guess I'm a bit of a control freak?


Gentry is the best husband a girl could ask for. He always helps with the kids, lets me go with the girls, scratches my back til I fall asleep, watches my chick flicks, and girl shows. He is so funny I am always laughing at him. He does anything and everything I love. We are connected at the hip (according to my sister), and I wouldn't have it any other way! I told him this morning I wished he shaved his armpits and about an hour later he was hanging shirtless in the doorway asking what he should wear to church. I looked at him...(wondering why he didn't have a shirt on) and noticed he had shaved his armpits for me. He totally listened. (And still trying to impress me.) I feel bad because he told me after church his armpits hurt, razor burn....oops. But they look good!

I know many of you have already done this, so if you haven't I am tagging you...don't make me say your names:)

11 comments:

Lyndee said...

Betsy, That was so fun. I have known you since you were little and I learned so many fun things about you and Gentry. You guys are the cutest couple. I am laughing so hard about the arm pits. Poor guy. That would hurt so bad. He must love you so much.

The Hulls said...

I loved reading this, Nate and I were both laughing pretty hard. When I read that he scratches your back till you fall asleep, it brought back memories of me falling asleep scratching your back.

Cyndy Mikesell said...

Yes I am Gentry's mom and totally can picture him shaving his armpits for the love of his life. He has loved her forever even in the one year break up he still loved her. I do have to say it was HELL (excuse the language) for Kim and I during that year. I was so happy when they started dating again and even happier when he got married to Betsy. Yes they are connected at the hip, they are good for each other and love being together. They have so much fun together and I do have to say Gentry takes after his dad with helping and letting her shop! And yes Betsy he even spoke spanish and sang when he lived with us!! I wish you would sing for us I would much rather listen to you. I beg and beg but you still won't. I guess I will just have to burn a copy of the Christmas C.D. your mom has. I love that one.
Happy times!!

Nielson Family said...

You didn't even mention all of the stuff he buys for you. You are probably use to it, but not many husbands can go pick out a cute pair of jeans for their wife. I'm still jealous about that one.

The Bullocks said...

(sound this out phonetically) NO es megoosta akee en por favor. that's my favorite song ever. I miss those days. sometimes when we're bored Ryan and I will sing that and just laugh.
That was fun to read I feel like I took a trip down memory lane with you. I think I was even there the day Brock was whistling out his nose. That was really cute.
I think I'm jealous that Gentry loves the chick flicks. I have to wait and go see those with the girls.

The Bullocks said...

P.S that is such a cute picture of you guys.

Nick and Amera said...

That pict of you guys is awesome! What a cute couple you guys are! Congrats on being married for so long! You guys are a great couple with beautiful kids!

The Lind's said...

I loved reading that! You guys have been together forever! And I remember that year of hell your mother in law commented on! :) You guys are such a great couple I have always thought so! I always had fun tagging along. Thanks Gentry for always letting me be the 3rd wheel! Fun times! LOVE THAT PIC of you guys!

Brock Kassing said...

You have a beautiful voice Betsy, always have. However, I don't think you are giving Gentry enough credit. For instance, you put him in a choir situation and he is a vital part of that choir. Think how versatile he is. I've heard him sing bass, tenor and his falsetto is out of this world. Plus, you factor in his abilty to sing in other languages, what choir director passes on him? Think of the connection he could have with the Spanish Speaking crowd. Sure, the lyrics would make no sense at all but the connection he would make with his audience would be brilliant.
Anywho, keep singing....both of you....

THE PRINCE FAMILY said...

That is such a great picture of you and your hubby! You are a darling couple and just seem perfect together!!

Cyndy Mikesell said...

Betsy
Where are your new posts?? I keep waiting!! They are so fun and they keep me smiling.