Saturday, February 16, 2008

GO ALYSSA!


So while Gentry and I were in San Diego, Alyssa did a cheer camp at Riverton Highschool. I tried time and time again to talk her out of it, because I knew we would be gone and I didn't want to miss it. (I also felt bad asking my mom to take her to the practice and performance.) But she insisted. She doesn't ask for much so I knew this was really important to her. She went the first day of practice and was a little shy. I stayed for a few minutes and watched. But I was so shocked that she was getting so involved and she didn't have any friends with her. She did it all by herself...which is a big deal because she is usually pretty shy. She loved every minute of it. She was so excited to tell me about it. My mom took the pictures for me, and my mother in law was going to video it with our video camera...but the batteries were dead. I was so sad. Leave it to me to send my mother in law with a dead battery. Oh well at least we got some good pictures of the event. (Thanks Mom!)

7 comments:

Clements Family said...

How cute...Alyssa is following in your footsteps!

The Bullocks said...

What a cutie!!! That is so fun. Bailee would love something like that. That's so me also to have a dead batter. P.S. thanks for the spell check. Ashley obviously can't do it correctly.

Kristin said...

so adorable...I can't wait til Halle's old enough to do this kind of stuff...

The Hulls said...

How fun! I wish I could have been there to watch! Tell Alyssa good job from me!

Cyndy Mikesell said...

Alyssa was amazing at her cheer performance!! She did such a good job. She kept saying she wasn't scared. I was so proud of her that she did this all by herself with no friends. It looks like we have a new up and coming cheerleader in the family!! Can't wait to see more !!! WAY TO GO ALYSSA. I am so proud of you!!

kassie said...

My kids had so much fun going and watching Alyssa. Kamri said she did a great job! Alssa talked about it alot on Saturday .It was so fun to listen to her doing her cheer

Lyndee said...

She is so dang cute. She is taken after her mom. That is so cool she did it with out any of her friends. What a strong little girl.