Sunday, July 29, 2012

Bowling and Ward Bike Parade

Friday was Gentry's day off and when the kids got home from school Christa asked us (in front of the kids) if we wanted to go bowling.  Once my kids heard about bowling there was no going back.  So we took the boys bowling.  (Alyssa didn't want to go.

They had fun.  They are actually not too bad at bowling....they didn't use the ramp thing like they have before...so that's improvement right?!?

Saturday morning was the ward breakfast and bike parade.  The kids had spent the night before decorating their bikes.  I didn't buy any streamers, but they made their decorations from tissue paper and ribbon from the wrapping paper box.  I love when they get creative.  Brock taped a cup to the front of his bike and put pop it snaps in it so as he rode along in the parade he could throw the snaps.  He also put a baseball card in his spokes so it would make noise as he rode his bike.  Boston put balloons on his bike with lots of decorative tissue and paper/ribbon.  I wish I got better pictures.  Alyssa decorated her scooter and I didn't get a picture cause she rode by so fast.  My neighbor got good picture of her so I'll have to add it later. 


When we got home, Brock decided he needed to make a bike for Frannie, so he decorated his long board.  He taped a cup to the side for her dog food.
My mom bought a swing like this a month ago, and I told her how much I loved it and wanted to get one.  So the other night when we got home from the temple, they were outside putting it together for us.  WE LOVE IT! 

3 comments:

Nielson Family said...

Oh I miss your house all ready. I love how creative your kids are. The first day of school pictures turned out so cute. If only my kids were starting school this early too.

S said...

Love what my cute grandchildren can come up with and do.

The Hulls said...

Love all of your new posts and pictures Bets!! Reading them and seeing the pictures made me so happy! Man I love your kids!!! (And you and Gentry to of course! :)