Monday, September 26, 2011

Better Late Than Never....

We went with friends to Midway a couple weekends ago.  I forgot to take my camera so thank goodness I have a good friend to give me a copy of all of them. (Thanks Kristin)

It was Gentry's birthday on Sunday (Sept 18th), so we made a little celebration of it.  I won't mention the fact that he is now 32!!!  To think I met him when he was only 13....time flies.

We went to dinner and someone came up with the idea that we shouldn't take our phones....sounded easy enough, but I can't tell you how many times I still went to grab for it.  Not to mention I was worried my Mom would call and say something was wrong with my kids.  But no worries, everything was OK and I didn't even miss a call.
 Caiser, Kristin, and Me.  They were nice enough to let us stay at their place in Midway.  We all had a blast.
 Craig and Chelsea

 Tori and Mitch

 Jeff and Heidi

 Gentry and I always joke that we are senior citizens, because we always go to bed early and wake up early....that doesn't change while we are on vacation.  So the next morning we woke up several hours before everyone and we were a little bored.  We didn't want to wake everyone up so we hijacked Kristin's camera and took a bunch of pictures of ourselves.  I couldn't wait for her to get home and look at them on her computer.  But I guess the last laugh is on me, when she got home and saw them she immediately posted them on facebook.
 We thought we were pretty funny.






 Gentry wants the new iPhone for his birthday...which of course isn't out yet, so I didn't have anything to give him on his birthday.  Luckily Kristin and Caiser gave him an awesome gift!  They gave him his own 20 pack of Irish Spring.  We joke about it because its our favorite soap.  They think we are weird.  It made us laugh that they gave it to him for his birthday. 
It's always fun to go on a getaway with friends!!  Thanks again HOGANS!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GENTRY!!!

3 comments:

Nielson Family said...

Love all the updates. Your new shirts are way cute, makes me jealous.

Kristin said...

I LOVE a good blog post where I'm all talked about with LOVE and thanked a bazillion times. So thanks for always making me feel so good!
We LOVE you guys...thanks for the fun weekend, it couldn't have been more perfect! A new tradition...like maybe monthly?

Clements Family said...

Great updates! Love that you took her phone and took pictures. What a fun little getaway!