Sunday, January 9, 2011

The past week...

Last Wednesday we had a really fun Young Womens activity.  We wanted to start the year off with a Theme.  Our YW president Kellie loves to have themes...she cracks me up.  This year we used the different Disney princesses to represent principles of our theme (which was the 13th Article of Faith: Honest, True, Chaste, Benevolent, Virtuous etc.)  Each princess represented one of the principles and we explained why by relating their story.

I was Aurora aka Sleeping Beauty.  My principle was virtuous.  I laughed because Sleeping Beauty was asleep for the whole movie...so of course she was virtuous.  I was able to relate a few things to the girls so hopefully they got past the laughs and learned a little something:)

 Haley (Belle), Kris (Cinderella), Jen (Tangled Rapunzel) ME (Aurora), Kellie (Jasmin), Kellie's little girl Emery (Tiana), Annika (Snow White), Michelle (Ariel), Heather (Pocahontas)..Thanks Annika for my costume...and Kellie for most of the other costumes.
It was a fun way to start the year off with the Young Women and I think they seemed to really like it.

This next picture is of me and my friend Angie after running one morning.  Nope I ain't too proud to post it.  (But I do expect some type of appreciation if you get a good laugh at how pretty I look.)  Check out the frost on her hair and my eyelashes.


And last but not least.  Last year my friend Heather started a fun tradition of having a girls "Grateful Breakfast".  It was such a good idea and we had so much fun.  Lindsey decided to host it this year.  She made really yummy cookie waffles with ice cream.  She said it was really healthy too:)
It was fun to share the things we were grateful for this last year, and to hear what everyone else was grateful for too.  Thanks Lindsey for putting this together!

No one remembered to bring a camera so these pics are compliments of my phone.
 Allison, Lindsey, Heather, and Becca

Kristin, Me, Katie. (Lindsay Clements had to leave early so no pic)

 A couple stories I don't want to leave out of my blog book...
This first one is about Alyssa.  In November the primary gave out some turkeys on paper.  Every time the kids did a good deed they were supposed to put a turkey there.  I had noticed the turkeys laying around but didn't pay attention to why.
Anyway, I overheard Alyssa asking Boston if he told the teachers about the good deeds he had done, and he said no.  So I asked Alyssa if she told her teachers and she said "No, but I did make your bed, but I didn't want to tell them because that would make you sound lazy."  Thanks Alyssa for always having my back!
 My boys are always cracking me up.  The other day Alyssa said "Mom, Boston pays Brock to go outside so he can play downstairs by himself."  I turned around and said "Are you serious?"  Brock got a big grin and said "Yep, and it works!"....so now Brock is loaded and Boston gets to play with the toys downstairs by himself.  I don't know why that makes me laugh.  Apparently Boston doesn't care about money...or Brock is just that annoying to him at times.

5 comments:

Al and Suzie McInnes said...

Great stories and what a great way to keep a journal for your family. I wish blogs were in when you guys were little. Thanks for sharing.

Annika said...

Ah the humiliation goes on! Again, who thought dressing up was such a great idea? And the worst part about it is today Kellie suggested it to me again for New Beginnings!

I am dying over your eyelashes and Angie's hair! You guys are crazy!!! There is this thing called a gym, it has lots of treadmills, and it is heated! I go there every morning and never home home with frost on my hair or eyelashes! Granite, I probably don't look as pretty as you two do either!

Greg and/or Angie said...

I can't believe you posted our picture! We sure are beautiful so early in the morning:) Glad I could see the princesses too! You all looked great!

The Hulls said...

Okay, I am totally laughing at those last stories!!! Your kids make my day! Man I miss you guys!!

Cyndy Mikesell said...

Ok I had to look a couple of times to see who I was looking out with frost on them LOL!!! And how funny about the boys. And Alyssa cracks me up!!