Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Sunday

(I love their sleepy faces in this pic)
The kids woke up early (as usual) and couldn't wait to see what the Easter Bunny brought.  They came out of their rooms and found their Easter baskets were still empty.  I started laughing because you could see the disappointment and worry across their faces.  Then I told them we could check the basement.  The Easter bunny had left them the pre-packaged baskets.  So they were really excited to see that the Easter bunny didn't forget them after all. 
We have made it a tradition the last few years to have Sticky Buns for breakfast.  For some reason Brock didn't want them this year though.
The Easter Bunny brought the kids kites.  Gentry was nice enough to help the kids get them flying in the air.
We went to my sister Janay's house for dinner with my siblings that live close.  The tradition is everyone has to find their egg to be able to eat dinner.
Gentry found my nephews egg that was hidden in the dryer vent and accidentally pushed it in and had to get a stick to get it out.  
Janay's egg was on the roof of her 2 story house...needless to say she made her son get it for her.  Mine was almost as high, but Gentry climbed the rocks on her house and got it for me.

Yay we all got our eggs..DINNERTIME!
 
Another tradition is to talk about the real meaning of Easter with all of the cousins.  My mom has a little story/egg thing that teaches the kids.  

Well I think the kids had a great Easter and it was fun to spend time with family. 

8 comments:

The Hulls said...

I love all of your new pictures!! Wish we could have been there for dinner and the traditions with everyone!! But guess what, we could be coming to Utah the end of Oct. and staying until the end of Dec.!! Woohoo!!

Al and Suzie McInnes said...

It was a fun day. And I was glad that your boys asked for the real Easter story with the eggs. Cute pictures too.

Nielson Family said...

I remember last year I got to have Easter dinner with your family. I'm pretty sure I had to ask one of your nephews where my egg was hidden so I could eat dinner. Looks like fun with all your family.

I was too tired to get up with Jett & Tenli this year so they just opened up all their toys from their baskets and played for an hour while Ian & slept in.

Clements Family said...

Love the name idea on the eggs. That is great! Love all the pictures!

McInnes Family said...

I love all the cute pictures and the fun Easter traditions!! We had so much fun at the Easter dinner too. It's so funny how excited the kids get over the easter egg hunt :) I like the Riverton one because you get there and get it done fast!

AngiDe said...

What a fun Easter! We LOVE sticky buns for breakfast too! (totally healthy for ya) ;)

xo

Johnston Family said...

Fun! Hey, how do you manage to look picure perfect in all of your pix on your blog? So not fair! :)

Brittany said...

That is some serious egg hiding! How in the world did you find them on the roof?? Looks like a great Easter Sunday!!