Thursday, March 19, 2009

The Latest PRANK

(This picture is of Katie after getting a strike while bowling, and I needed a visual for the post)
So for those of you who know Gentry you know he loves a good prank.  And lots of his pranks just so happen to involve my friend Katie.  Here's the story.

About 3:00 PM I get a text on my phone from Katie, it reads:

FWD: Do not go to any Walmart tonight.  Gang initiation to shoot 3 women tonight.  Not sure which Walmart.  And confirmed on tv.  fwd to all girls in ur phone.

So when Gentry gets home I showed him the text he laughs and shakes his head and says "only Katie."  Then he precedes to tell me I should call her and tell her I'm at Walmart and there has been a shooting.  I told him no way and he had to do the calling.  So he asks me for her number and this is the phone conversation.

GENTRY: Hey Katie, it's Gentry I'm trying to get Ryan's phone number I was going to tell him about the shooting at Walmart.

KATIE: Don't even say that.   I already got in trouble from Ryan.  I don't know why I believed my stupid cousin and now I've had a million calls.  Here I am just trying to save someone's life.

Gentry just laughed and I called Katie from my phone.  She told me she's still bitter about the Regis and Kelly prank Gentry played on her 5 years ago, and so he should lay low.  (That's another story for another day.)   I was laughing because she told me she was just trying to save someone's life and now she's used up all of her texting for the month.  So I think we all need to get together and buy Katie some extra texts.  Ha ha.  Katie we love you!  Thanks for putting up with all of our pranks.--Betsy

8 comments:

Cyndy Mikesell said...

So Funny, Poor Katie, But the thing about katie is she always makes us laugh. And we all need a good laugh everyday. So I am glad I know Katie. Or Jackie?? I love Katie:) Thanks for always giving us something to smile about Katie:) And thanks for posting the funny story Betsy you always have the funniest posts to read.

The Bullocks said...

First of all thanks for the "Visual picture" it's a winner. and yes you are welcome for trying to save you life.
and Gentry one of these days I'll get even. So far you owe me a car from Regis and Kelly, and a free nose job (for pretending Ryan broke your nose) and now I can add a life saved (since I saved your wife's today.

The Bullocks said...

P.S I'll also be expecting everyone who received a LIFE SAVING text from me to mail me 5 cents to help support my texting overages this month.

Jennie said...

I got that same text yesterday and I showed Dustin and he did the same thing. Tried to steal my phone away so he could text back the 3 friends that had sent it to me.

Funny story Betsy!

carrie said...

I was laughing at your post, too. I got that text from a friend and I forwarded it to a lot of people, too....just like your friend said, "just in case". I figured I'd rather be safe than sorry. Then MY lovely husband forwarded something to a few of my friends that said "Big sale at all WalMarts. Be sure you don't miss this one! The best place for the sale is outside." I called him and told him he was NOT funny....but he also forwarded it to one of my good friends who thought it was hilarious. The text freaked me out, I have to admit...'cause you can't be too careful w/today's crazy people out there. Yikes..... I hope you'll post about the Regis and Kelly prank, 'cause I'm really curious. :o) I'm glad I didn't have your cell number, or I would have been one of those crazy people sending you the same text as your friend, Katie. SORRY. Your sister, Missy, probably thinks I'm a nut....or nuttier than she did before. ha ha :o)

Di said...

I got that text too and snoped it right away to find out it was false. You all make me laugh! I'm not sure if the text I received was from Katie, but I'll be sure to give her 5 cents next time I see her :)

missy :) said...

Katie makes me pee laughing just thinking about some of her best evers! I still chuckle about the ironhead swenson!!

Clements Family said...

Holy posts since I have been gone!! That is seriously hilarious!
I hope your little man gets feeling better!!