Thursday, November 20, 2008

Papa's Gonna Buy You A "Mopping" Bird...




I'll explain the title in just a minute...

So Gentry and I went to VEGAS for a couple of days to go to the Pool and Spa convention. I was excited to go not really because of the convention, but for the time away with just us..no kids. Our business partners Nick and Mignon came too. We had so much fun together. I wanted to take some pictures of us while we were there, but none of them turned out because Gentry has a horrible habit of closing one eye. Now at least I do it with both eyes:) (squinty eyes= genetic defect) So Mignon LITERALLY took tons of pictures trying to get one with both eyes open but this is the best we got. I laughed so hard I about peed my pants every time we took a picture because Gentry couldn't keep his eye open.

Meanwhile my kids split the time between my Mom and my Mother-in-law. They had a great time and didn't want us to come home. I was talking to my mom on the phone and she was telling me that Brock was having a meltdown at bedtime, so she was singing him "Hush, Little Baby" over and over and over...until she thought he was asleep...but he was still awake and asked her to continue singing. So this morning I was driving to Costco and I hear the kids singing "hush little baby don't say a work papa's gonna buy you a mopping bird." I didn't correct them because I thought it was cute.

Thanks to my Mom and Cyndy for watching the kids! We had a FABULOUS time!..Is it too soon to go back?

2 comments:

The Hulls said...

Oh I love them! Guess what...we're coming in less than a month! Woohoo!!

Cyndy Mikesell said...

It was a fun time for me. The kids are so funny. Thanks for letting me be with them. Glad you guys had a good time. And I am glad you are back safe.