Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving



Today I must have been all out of my norm, because I FORGOT to take a family picture...(while we looked decent). So right before taking the kids up for bath time it hit me, I HAVEN'T TAKEN OUR ANNUAL THANKSGIVING DAY PICTURE!!! So here we are, I already changed into sweats and my kids...let's just say they had fun playing at Grandma Cyndy's house.

We had a great time. It was with Gentry's family this year, and after dinner we headed to the theater to see BOLT. It was cute, but I don't get the 3D thing, is it just a fancy way of saying the movie is going to be a little fuzzy and hard to watch? Maybe it was the greasy finger prints on my glasses from my sweet children. Does anyone else agree with me? It was fun being there with Gentry's parents and cousins though. And there were a few moments I actually laughed out loud. (Although some may say I'm an easy laugher.)

GOOD FOOD, GOOD COMPANY, GREAT DAY!!!...and I easily inhaled a million calories, but luckily it doesn't count cause it's a holiday! Thanks Cyndy for the yummy dinner.

I need to get to bed early because its shopping bright and early!

Side note: I saw Twilight again...3rd time it just gets better! (Should I be embarrassed to admit I'm obsessed?)

9 comments:

Nick and Amera said...

I havent even seen twilight for the first time yet can you believe it?? Im hoping to go this weekend!! Thanks for your comment on my blog, your such a cute girl and not to mention a total sweetheart! Im so glad we keep in touch, its so fun! Im glad you all had a good thanksgiving, your family is perfect and complete. I hope to have mine complete after this baby is born! yeeesh!!! I looked forward to thanksgiving but this baby inside of me wasnt for it! What a stinker already!!

Heather said...

I was feeling a little obsessed for seeing it 3 times, until I heard my aunt had seen it 8 times. I no longer feel like I have a problem:) I still love it and can't stop thinking about it. Glad you had a great Thanksgiving. I wish I could have braved the crowds like you, it's just way too early for me.

Johnston Family said...

I love that you have gone & seen it 3 times! I need to go see it again! I like your sweats too, by z way!

Clements Family said...

I can't believe Heather's aunt is on 8! Thanks for going with me to see the movie!! I can't wait to go again and again...call me any time! I hope you had a good thanksgiving, and I love that you always have to take a family picture! So cute!

The Hulls said...

You guys look great no matter what time of day it is. I can't believe how old Alyssa looks! Everybody is just growing up while I'm out here in Hershey. Love you guys and can't wait to see you in 3 weeks!! Hurray!!

Nielson Family said...

You didn't tell me you went and saw the movie again. Glad you guys had a good thanksgiving!

carrie said...

I'm glad you had a good Thanksgiving! I thought for SURE we would see you at the mall at midnight!! ha ha I have a friend who made me go with her....and I was SO tired, but it was fun. I went to see Bolt, in 3D, with my kids today...and I thought it was adorable. I was a dork though probably....'cause I thought the 3D was so cool. I thought it was cute to see the kids reaching out to try to touch Bolt. ha ha I'm jealous you've seen Twilight 3 times. I want to go see it again, too. I let my son go with some friends of mine 'cause he wanted to see it. I was so sad I couldn't go. I know, I'm a dork again. ha ha Anyway, I'm glad you had fun with Cyndy and her cute family. You guys are all so lucky to have each other. I loved the family picture, too. :o)

Chereebee said...

happy thanksgiving!!
I love your Twilight pics - how fun!!

Cyndy Mikesell said...

Well it was a fun Thanksgiving. I feel bad too I didn't get a single pic of the beautiful table setting, the pretty bowls with the potatoes and hot gravy in them. The dressing piping hot just out of the oven. The beautiful table cloth and center piece. The perfectly cut turkey. The homemade cranberries, the yummy green salad and pumpkin pie. The nice golden brown rolls Shalece brought down and her yummy treats. And danget not one single pic of everyone dressed in their Sunday best. What was I thinking??? The perfect day and no pics. Umm maybe because that Thanksgiving is all in my mind because the real Thanksgiving the real one at my house was not like that. It's more like Turkey on a plate all broke to pieces, get your gravy off the stove thats in the pan and use your fingers to get the salad. It's pretty casual. No beautiful table cloth or center piece, just paper plates, napkins and a prayer and hey we are good to go!! Nothing fancy just so much fun being together. I am still bugged I didn't get pics of the laid back Thanksgiving. Oh but the shopping was so much fun!! No pics of that either. Thanks for coming over Betsy and Gentry, and kids it was really fun. And Bolt well you got to go see it for anyone who hasn't it is dang cute!!
Love all of you