Tuesday, November 20, 2007

We are thankful for....


Tonight at dinner we were talking about Thanksgiving and we told the kids that this is a time we need to think about things that we are thankful for. Here is how it went.


Me: I am thankful for my family. I am thankful for our home and all of the fun things we get to do. I am thankful that Alyssa cleaned the basement today. (I am trying to encourage the cleaning.)


Alyssa: I am thankful for our food, I am thankful for our family and our house and our beds.


Boston: I am thankful for our family, and our toys.


Brock: I am thankful for our money, and Disneyland. (As if he really knows much about money.)


I have to tell one quick story about Boston. Every time I tell him it's time to take a nap he whines (big surprise). So I tell him as soon as you fall asleep you can hurry and wake up. He always shows me with his fingers (imagine about an 1/8 of an inch) this is how big of a nap I want to take. Just a little teeny tiny nap. Everything he wants is teeny tiny. He wants a teeny tiny reindeer for Christmas. Brock wants a big huge pocket knife. They are so random. They make me laugh though.

7 comments:

The Lind's said...

I love the teeny tiny reindeer! Are you going to get him one? I love your kid stories, they make me laugh!

kassie said...

ok so I guess the hunt is on for a teeny tiny reindeer . Your kids are so funny I was thinking about getting brock some binkis with a box to hide them in!J/k but that story was so sad I felt so bad for the little guy.

Lyndee said...

I love the stories. Your kids are so dang cute. I love Alyssa's pose.
I laughed so hard about the teeny tiny nap and reindeer and the huge
pocket knife. So cute!!!

THE PRINCE FAMILY said...

that story about Brock is so cute! I love the things that they say at 3. I always think I don't want Stockton to grow out of this stage because their voices and the things they come up with are so cute! You have darling kids!

Cyndy Mikesell said...

Hi anyone who is worried about Boston not getting the teeny tiny reindeer santa has it in his bag ready for Christmas eve. Love Santa (Grandma)

Heather said...

What you cut Gentry's head out of the picture? Can Alyssa come help me clean, my kids apparently don't think that's important to help with around here. Any suggestions? It was fun seeing you tonight. Hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving.

The Bullocks said...

your kids are so cute, I get so bummed out that we don't get to see them. I can't believe how old all of the grand kids look, Hailee looks so mature.
I am updating pic's of Davis finally, I don't know why I've been such a slacker with that.
thanks for laughing at my blogs, that's what I miss about you is how we just make each other laugh our heads off.