Saturday, May 5, 2012

Alyssa's First "Hang Out" Party

Last week Alyssa and her friend Natalie were asking if they could have friends over for a swimming party.  At the time we had something going on so I told her no and that we already had plans.  So they naturally asked if they could have a party the next weekend.  Gentry and I were talking and to get them out, I said "Yeah, maybe" which to them meant DEFINITELY YES.  So needless to say the next week when they were asking if they could go to the store to get candy for the party (and they had already sent out invitations to all the neighbor girls) I knew I was stuck chaperoning a party.

I didn't want to deal with eating at our house so I told the girls I would take them to Chick-fil-a.  The girls all brought their own money and paid for their own meals.  (I know that sounds cheap of me, but in my defense...I already told her I'd throw an end of school year party...and to be quite honest I didn't want her to think I'd pay for any random party she wanted to throw.)  So Alyssa and Natalie bought M&M's for the treat. (They spent $9.00 of their own money on the big bag of PLAIN M&M's...ugh.) I did however make cookies for the party....I know, how nice of me right? ha ha

 Boston, Brock and Jack....luckily we had Jack with us to keep the boys entertained and from bugging Alyssa and the girls.
 The boys even swam with the girls, but they kept their distance for the most part:)
 Maisen, Morgan, Shayla, Alyssa, Savannah, Natalie, Brynlee. (Emma came a little late so she wasn't in this picture.)
 I didn't even realize Boston was in this picture until I was looking at them afterward.

 "Letting" Frannie swim.

 They brought out the Karaoke machine and played music the whole time...and did a little pool dancing too.
 Gentry and Brock played a little basketball with Frannie.
Well the party seemed to be a hit!  The kids all had fun...I think?!?

2 comments:

Annika said...

So cute and so fun for your kids! Your a good mom. :-)

Nielson Family said...

Annika you stole my comment. Betsy, you are a good Mom.