Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Pioneer Day

This year my family went to Lake Powell for the 24th of July week/weekend.  We were going to join them (surprise I know) but with some big changes in Gentry's work we decided not to go.

Since Gentry and I started Crossfit, we've been waking up even earlier which means we've turned into even bigger senior citizens and we go to be even EARLIER.  That being said we haven't been outside when it's gotten dark for months.  So this weekend we decided to get a little crazy and do fireworks with the kids.  (Outside, in the dark..way past our bedtime.)

We went to Sam's club and just bought the pack they sold.  On the car ride home the kids were begging to have the fireworks lay across their laps so they could look at them.  And that night they put them on the table so they could look at them the next morning while eating breakfast.  (Can you tell how excited they were?)

So Saturday night was the big night.  We invited Katie and Ryan over with their kids.  Luckily we had other people who were counting on us or I may have changed my mind an gone to bed.  The kids loved it.  We didn't even have any super cool fireworks but the kids were ecstatic, and luckily they didn't know any different...until the neighbors started their big fireworks, but by that time ours were already done.
 My sister Missy stopped by to cut her kids' hair and they joined us for a few minutes of fireworks.

 I really wanted this picture to include my watch, so I could have proof of how late I stayed up.



I mean...look at how fancy those fireworks are!!  Happy Pioneer Day!

1 comment:

The Hulls said...

Looks like lots of fun.