Sunday, July 31, 2011

Hogle Zoo

The kids all had a great first week of school.  I have to admit, I miss them...but it has been nice working without them asking how much longer til I'm done.

My brother Chris and his wife Jenni stayed with us for a couple nights while they visited for a high school reunion.  It was fun having them here.  My kids love having visitors...especially when it's their cousins.

Friday night Gentry's Dad Kim invited us to his work party.  It was at Hogle Zoo.  We all had a great time.  EVERYTHING was free.  It was seriously so nice.  My kids love getting food/snacks (hmmm wonder where they learned that?) so that's basically all we did. 

 We've never had Dippin Dots, but they were FREE so we all got some!  They were really yummy too!
 I'm not sure how many animals we saw, but how often do you get to go to the zoo and all the food/treats are FREE?!!??  I laugh when I think of this but hey--we can always go back to see the animals.



The kids got shirts and visors from Rio Tinto (Kennecott) too.



 The kids were so excited to get their faces painted.





 Brock rubbed his eye and smudged his face paint.  I didn't want to tell him cause I thought he would cry.  (He actually didn't seem to care though.)
We even took the kids on the train...another one we don't usually do cause I heard it's not that great and you have to pay $1.50 more per person.  I realize it's only a $1.50 more, but let's just say I don't think it's worth $.50 more so I'm glad we got to go on it this time.
 Saturday morning, Chick-fil-a had a Christmas in July canned food drive.  You got a free breakfast entree with a canned food donation.  So naturally we had to "donate". 

They also had a back stage tour...it was really fun.  I thought it was actually pretty interesting too.  They let each of the kids make their own ice cream cone at the end of the tour.
They told us that they go through 5 boxes of lemons a day to make the fresh lemonade.  They gave the boys each a lemon.  The boys were so excited to come home and try to make their own lemonade.

2 comments:

Nielson Family said...

Hogle zoo looked like so much fun, my kids would have loved that. Your maxi dress is way cute! I still crave chick-fil-a, I'm so jealous you live so close to one.

Kaydee and the boys said...

It's true, I almost exploded with excitement when I found out all that sugar was free!! - "MORE, MORE, MORE!!"

... it was good to see you there!