Monday, September 27, 2010

Weekend Racing

 So I wasn't going to say much about the marathon I ran a couple weeks ago, I was disappointed with my time, I was doing pretty good until mile 19...let's just say I had to get over my aversions to porta-potties...every mile:)  I was feeling really sick and the last thing I wanted to do was finish the race. But I finished...it just took a little longer than planned.

My friends Angie and Brenda had trained with me all summer.  Adrienne came up to run it with me too.  (Adrienne is actually the one who talked me in to running another marathon...in fact I distinctly remember saying I would never run another marathon just weeks before she talked me into doing it.)

Well the next morning I signed Angie and I up for another marathon for the following Saturday.  I decided that on Wednesday when we were still sore that it would probably be a good idea to switch to the 1/2 marathon.  I'm glad I did, we were still a little sore from the marathon only a week before.
This is me and Angie after the Half.  We always plan our runs to end at Chick-fil-a for breakfast and funny enough Chick-fil-a was the sponsor of this race...so we still got our chicken mini's.
 
   These are my friends Kristin and Lindsey.  They came to cheer me on.  It was super fun to have them join me along the way.  Thanks guys!
 My kids wanted to run the kids 1/2 mile marathon, so I signed them up.  They thought it was pretty cool. 
Alyssa was in-charge of her own hair that morning:)
Boston started crying and didn't want to run so I had to run the kids race with him...as if running a half wasn't already enough.


6 comments:

Cyndy Mikesell said...

Way to go Mikesell family minus Gentry:) Where was he anyway? LOL

Annika said...

Good job Betsy! Now, lets move on to bigger and better...when is the triathlon? Or better yet just go for the Iron Man!

Al and Suzie McInnes said...

Way to go Alyssa, Boston and Brock. Grandma is really proud of you.

Al and Suzie McInnes said...

Oh, Betsy we are really proud of you too!!!

The Lind's said...

Seriously AMAZING! Way to go! a full and then 1/2 who does that? GOOD JOB Betsy! and way to go to your cute kids!!

The Bullocks said...

that looks like so much fun. I need to remember and sign my kids up for a little race.
I love the ramp that goes up to the roof of the play house. your boys think too much. they always come up with awesome ideas. so funny.