Monday, March 8, 2010

FAMILY NIGHT

Tonight for family night we decided to make a fire and roast marshmallows. The kids think it's so much fun. When we came in we all needed a shower because we smelled so bad.





































This picture I'm laughing because Brock was having a hard time looking at the camera to smile because the smoke was burning his eyes. He kept trying to plug his nose too.














































Then we came inside and picked someone to sit on the "special chair" (aka the ottoman). Everyone took a turn to say something nice about that person. I was really proud of each kid saying such nice things about each other. They may fight...but deep down they love each other:)

Photobucket
Alyssa on the "special chair"
Photobucket
Boston
Photobucket
Brock, not only is he wearing his favorite shirt...he wears it backwards every-time!
Photobucket
The kids even said nice things about me and Gentry:) It was pretty cute. They were sweet to us.
Photobucket
And yes...I'm wearing pajama pants at 6:00 in the evening. But if you know us, you know that we are ready for bed early...
Photobucket

12 comments:

Nielson Family said...

I'm laughing right now because I'm surprised that you haven't already washed your face too. Ian made fun of me the other night for getting ready for bed right after dinner. Love the family home evening idea...short and sweet. I forwarded that email you sent me on family home evening ideas to Cori and she says thank you!

Brittany said...

Yummy smores! Now that I'm pregnant I'm in pajama pants all day long unless I go somewhere.:) Jeans just aren't comfortable anymore.

The Hulls said...

Oh so fun!! Those smore's and roasted marshmallows look so yummy!! What a fun activity! And thanks again for the FHE ideas, I'm excited to have that!

Amy said...

That's such a cute idea for family night!
Don't worry about the pajama pants... some of us don't get out of them all day :)

AngiDe said...

What a fun family night! We are hoping to get one of those portable fire pits one day.... smores are just good anytime of the year and just about anywhere!

XO

Cyndy Mikesell said...

Yummy!! Glad you had a good family night:)

Annika said...

Cute photos of your family. I called Jolleys, thanks for the info. See you tonight!

carrie said...

What a cute post! I love reading about your adorable family. You guys are so fun. :o)

Allison Bushman said...

What a fun family night and I love the "special chair"! Ummm... I get in my pajamas as soon as I walk in the door!

Clements Family said...

I am usually in my jammies that early too! What a great family night! I am impressed that you are already roasting marshmallows!

McInnes Family said...

So fun! I love making smores. We need to get a firepit. The kids think it's soo cool :) What a fun family night. I love that they can all be so sweet to eachother. It's so nice to hear that they do love eachother!!

The Bullocks said...

how cute and what a cute idea. Love it. I want your list on fhe ideas.