Friday, September 19, 2008

"Blonde" Moments


So this picture is actually kind of old (Jennifer was 9 months prego with Reese), but I didn't have a picture with me and my sisters to post, (and I don't like posting with out a picture.)

On to my story. I was driving with Missy (the other blonde) and she had to stop by the bank to make a deposit. So I told her I would drive her. Anyway we pull up to the bank and she hands me the check and I don't look at it because I don't want to be nosey. So I just set it in the plastic thingy and send it in to the teller. He comes to the window and I just say "Yes, can I deposit that into checking?" A few minutes later he interrupts me and Missy who are deep in conversation:) and says "Um, well this is actually a direct deposit reciept, but I checked and it's already been deposited into your account." Mortified I look at Missy and say "HELLO how did you not notice the part on the check that says NOT NEGOTIABLE?" and Missy says "Well I saw that, but I thought that it meant I couldn't change how much the check was made out for." Let's just say that was Missy's first time having a direct deposit check. I'm sure the guy thought we were the biggest idiots.

13 comments:

carrie said...

OK...That is SO funny. :o) I love Missy too death, so I won't make fun of her....'cause it's honestly something I would probably do, too. I miss seeing Missy.... I can't wait for basketball season 'cause I'm hoping Matthew and Scrubby can play together again. ALL of your sisters (and you) are just adorable. I used to see Janay all the time, too.... The last time I saw her, I admitted I snoop at your blog and we were talking about how cute you are. I think it's awesome you guys are so close. You have such a great family. BTW, Happy (late) Birthday to Gentry. I love that note Cyndy wrote to him.... She is so absolutely wonderful, and I love how she just loves you guys so much. Have a great weekend!! :o)

missy :) said...

Yes- there is no way that sound better, and there is no short supply of stories similiar to that one. BUT, I have been self employed forever- 15+ years and that was from my short term job at Costco- I had no idea(obviously) what I was doing and all I can say is I'm so glad to have such a cute sister! The teller guys just smilied at Betsy as if to say,"It's a shame such a cute girl, yet not even one functioning brain cell!! Glad I was shot gun! She tried to tell him it was mine, but he just thought she was embarrased to be such an IDIOT!
happy moments!!

Clements Family said...

Oh that is hilarious!!!

Nielson Family said...

oh i feel like i've missed so much! i have a ton of stories for u when i get back:) oh and i got u a souvenier that i think you'll love.

Cyndy Mikesell said...

So funny!! I thought things like that only happened to me!! And i am not blonde LOL. Good Times!!

The Lind's said...

Too funny! I have too many blonde moments...however I am not blonde, maybe just not so bright or challenged! :) Love the picture. I love all your sisters! You have the sweetest family. You'll have to tell them hi for me!

Clements Family said...

Hey...so you don't have to reinvite everyone it just remembers everyone that you already invited! It is totally easy!!!

Kristin Gardner said...

I love reading your blog! All of your posts are just hilarious! I must also say that you and your sister's are all so gorgeous!

The Bullocks said...

I love Missy stories. I'm bummed that I haven't even seen her since I've been back. I love being around people that are as competent as me.
You and your sisters really are all gorgeous.
thanks for your help yesterday. p.s sorry about all of the art work from your boys. that totally looks like every piece of furniture we own.

Lyndee said...

That is the funniest story ever. The sad thing is is that I would totally do that.

510Jen said...

Oh Missy. I love that girl. I think I would have done the exact same thing. Good story though. Good thing you two are so cute. Tell her hi for me. It's been way too long.

Heather said...

You're so lucky to have sisters to laugh and have a good time with:)

Bell Blog said...

That's funny! Did you know that Missy was my soft ball coach in Elementary... :)