Friday, April 25, 2008

Making Progress...sort of.







Well Boston ended up having to go to the U of U burn clinic. They were really nice, but they had to cut off the big blister on his hand. I am supposed to clean it and change the dressing twice a day and then go back in 2 weeks. It has been 4 days since he was burned and I took this picture to show the progress. His poor little fingers have blisters on the tips too. So sad, but he is a trooper. Everything seems to happen to him...missing ribs, broken leg, hit in the mouth etc. Sorry kind of a gross picture of his hand, but hey it's getting better!






Next my sweet friend Adrienne stopped by and brought me my favorite 3 Musketeers MINT. It can make any day brighter. Why is it that food and "retail therapy" aka shopping, can always make me feel better?






Alyssa has been such a good helper. Thank goodness I have her. She ASKED if she could vacuum the basement. What a good girl. Of course when she got done she asked if we could go to the Dollar Store. (That is my kind of gal!) I said I'd think about it.

13 comments:

Cyndy Mikesell said...

Boston hand looks terrible. Poor little guy. Aren't you glad now you took him to the doctor. Alyssa is such a good little maid. You are lucky to have her she is such a good little helper. Good job Alyssa. Get better Boston,

kassie said...

OUCH!!! it kinda reminds me of Ryans knee when he burned it. Boston is such a tough little guy.
Tell Alyssa I will give her two dollars if she'll vacuum my basement. She has set such a good example for Jordyn.All she wants to do now is help me clean so she can earn a webkinz. I think it's so cute

Clements Family said...

Oh Boston's poor hand! That breaks my heart...I am sorry you all have to deal with that! Don't ya love girlfriends! They always know when you need something! And nothing is better than shopping to make everything better!

THE PRINCE FAMILY said...

Ouch his hand looks so sore. Poor little guy. I hope he starts feeling better. And I can totally relate to chocolate and shopping making you feel better. It always seems to help me

Nielson Family said...

"fat free and organic" i can't believe I fall for it every time. Seriously, never ask me to be in a picture with you again. I can't wait until Tenli is old enough to vacuum. I hope Boston's hand heals quickly, it sucks you have to change the bandage twice a day.

Nick and Amera said...

Oh man, I seriously want to cry looking at that pooor little hand. My biggest fears is mccoy gettin near water or my stove. Sorry your week has been tough but atleast you got good little helpers and troopers for kids!!

The Bullocks said...

oh poor Boston, that breaks my heart. it's so hard to see your kids hurt. I just burnt my thumb and it killed so I can imagine how much that hurt. poor guy. And what a sweet little Alyssa to help clean. it's so nice that she wants to help out. good luck and keep posting his progress.

The Lind's said...

Oh my heck! That makes me want to cry. I cry just when I get a sunburn. The poor thing! I hope it heals quickly! What a sweet friend you have to bring you chocolate! And what a sweet little Alyssa to help clean. I better get my kids going on that one. Hope things are getting better this week! And look how amazing you look with all the stress going on!

Heather said...

Ouch! That looks horrible. I give you props for being able to clean it and change the dressings. I'm not sure I would be able to do that. Hopefully he get's feeling better soon.

missy :) said...

Boston you are the toughest guy ever! I'd still be crying! Alyssa- you even looked happy while cleaning! You are such a good girl- I bet your mom's day was so much better with your help! Brock- I haven't seen you for a while! Still wearing basketball jersey's? LOL!
Aunt missy

Chereebee said...

oh my gosh! Boston's poor hand - I feel so bad for him!!
Glad ya got a yummy treat to cheer ya up!!

Di said...

I didn't imagine it to be that bad! You deserve all the treats you can get :)

carrie said...

Hi Betsy!! Would you do me a favor?? I have Missy's old cell number...and I don't have her email address. Would you mind sending me her cell and email?? My email is carrielchristensen@msn.com

Thank you SO much!! :o)