Monday, April 21, 2008

Had A Bad Day(s)!











Sorry in advance this is a real "Debbie Downer" post. I just need to vent and then I'll feel better.














Let's start with last week...I'll give you the quick run down.







Boston and Brock were fighting and Brock hit Boston in the mouth. His two front teeth are looking gray, but he does look better. I was worried the day it happened and his face was so puffy he looked like a "Who Ville" character..from Dr. Suess.














Bad week with work...trucks broke down..ya know the usual, anyway Gentry I were so excited to have a night to ourselves because my wonderful in-laws took the kids overnight. So Gentry got home from work and said "Let's just go to dinner and forget about this whole week". (I will spare you from some of the other crappy things that had happened.) Anyway we got our salads and we started digging in. Within seconds Gentry uncovered a curly black hair...yes in his salad. I see him spitting out his food and gagging. I had to laugh because that is just the week we had.














Now today was going pretty smooth, so I decided for family night to make cookies for the kids. They wanted No-bake cookies so I started making them and they were watching. Alyssa pulled up a chair so her and Boston could watch, I was just finishing mixing in the final ingredients and Alyssa nudged Boston so he tried to catch himself on the burner. Yes it was pretty bad! We took him to the Insta-Care and they wrapped him up and gave him some heavy meds...let's just say he should sleep well:)



Oh and last but not least is a picture of Alyssa with her Webkinz. She got one for Christmas, and has loved it. I let her do work around the house...she cleaned the whole basement, vacuumed..stairs and everything! So she could earn another Webkin. She went to Grandma Cyndy's and all the kids got another one. She was so excited (so were the boys!). She came home and told me "Yeah Mom, I didn't even have to earn this one!" Luckily she has a nice Grandma.




So now that I said how crappy things are, here are some of the "bright" side.




-Boston gets to visit my brother..who happens to be a Dentist!




-Boston burnt his left hand...luckily because he is right handed.




-Gentry's meal was free because of the hair in it!...still would have rather had a hair free meal...maybe next time.








15 comments:

Greg and/or Angie said...

Oh my... those are not very fun things. I miss walking with you guys because I would have heard about these things one at a time. Next week can only be better! Love, Angie (Maybe this is your punishment for the little "favor" you asked me:)

Natelli Johnston said...

A curly black hair, oh gross! that is a crazy week you had.

The Bullocks said...

I swear when it rains it pours!!! I'm so sorry. that sucks. I'm glad you were looking on the bright side of things.
p.s I'm telling Debbi that you think she's a Downer.
good luck with this next week.

The Lind's said...

Holy crap! I am still dry heaving over the hair! PLEASE don't say it was Cafe Rio!! I don't want to know. Poor Gentry! I can't handle that! And your poor little family! Sorry your week was so awful! I hope your kids are feeling better. Poor things! Although your post is a sad one...I am glad you are alive! Oh and by the way...I love Debbie!!

Nielson Family said...

It's just like you to come up with the positive side of things. I'd still be dwelling on the negative. I hope you have a much better week.

Cyndy Mikesell said...

Betsy,
I am glad to see when life gives you lemons you make lemonade. You always laugh at the crazy happenings of life. Remember when struggles come so do the blessings. And you have so many. Two beautiful twin boys, a darling little girl and a wondeful husband who loves you so much. There is a song that says "Your going to miss this", Your going to want this back. (It's a country song) and you will one day. Enjoy life!! Give Boston a big hug from Grandma. Hope he is doing better this morning. Have a great day it can only get better.
Love Ya!

Clements Family said...

Oh, I am so sorry! What a horrible week! I hope this week is better for you!

Kristin said...

sorry betsy...hope things got better!

The Hulls said...

Man Betsy, I'm sorry!! I have to say, when I read Cyndy's comment it made me cry...do you think I'm a little emotional?!?! :) We sure miss you guys and can't wait to come

Di said...

Oh my... poor little Boston and Gentry (and the rest of you)!
Hope you all have a wonderful week to make up for the bad one :)

missy :) said...

I'm laughing so hard!! I'd cry for you normally- but that doesn't do any good- just ruins a good makeup day(and puffy eyes)! So Boston needs a dog- cause he totally deserves the "kick the dog thing"!So is Boston loving the glory of so many injuries? I love your blog- seriously funny - even when it's bad! plus Boston will have the coolest stories to tell pre school! love ya sis!!
missy

Chad and Kelly said...

I'm so glad that you posted that because honestly it is nice to see that other people have those weeks too. At lease you got it all over with. When it rains it pours. Now there can only be sunshine! Thanks.

Lindsey Stubler said...

sorry about your bad week! I was laughing about Alyssa-- last week when I told Jonah if he was naughty I'd take his rented video game back, he said "well, that's okay cuz it's due back today anyway." what stinkers!

Nick and Amera said...

Boston and Brock....we call that brotherly love right? Those rough weeks sure slam when they want to! I hope things get better soon for all of you! Its a good thing your the kind of mom to not go crazy like I would! I wish I could look on the bright side of things like you do! Keep a smile on your face and tell your kids they are still cute and you love them lots, even if they do turn into little stinkers every now and then! Im sure when mccoy gets older, there will be broken bones and emergency room runs....im getting alittle nervous to raise boys!

Allison Bushman said...

I am so sorry for the bad week! Man, when it rains, it pours doesn't it!?! Hope things are up from now!