Sunday, May 4, 2008

Soccer Games and Injury Updates
















Alyssa had her second soccer game on Saturday. Being the mother of the year that I am, I didn't make it to her first game, but that's another story for another day. So I took these two pictures before the game, and I forgot to take pictures while she was actually playing. She did really good. I was pretty impressed. She didn't even get a break and she was happy about it. She was more aggressive than I've ever seen her...which is not her personality.

Well I have to admit I've learned some lesson's in life, and one of them being...don't judge others. For example: Before I had twins I said I would never let my kids dress themselves...well we all know after seeing Boston in the same Mickey Mouse pj's post after post I've failed at that, and the fact that my kids are either wearing pj's or tank tops...well I'll just thank my sister for the awesome hand me downs:). I also said I would never let my kids go with a snotty nose anywhere. Well now I know that if pictures are not being taken, who cares about the boogers? I also think clean teeth is a must...kids or adults. Well I do try to keep my kids teeth clean, but there is only so much you can do for a kid when his brother gives him a knuckle sandwich...leading to...yes the gray/brown teeth. I can't believe it...my kid...and he looks like a hill billy! (Did I spell that right?) So now you won't find me judging you or your un-bathed kids, because I have learned that if I say it out loud I end of having to EAT MY WORDS...and that can be painful on your pride:)

Update on Boston:
Hand is looking so much better, and he doesn't seem to mind changing the dressing.
His teeth...well that's another story. They look horrible, but I haven't decided what to do yet.
And last but not least I threw in a picture of Brock with his "guns". He is so odd sometimes, but I'm pretty sure it's just a genetic defect or something. He reminds me so much of my crazy nephews. He is always keeping me laughing with his "tough guy" attitude.

11 comments:

Di said...

What a pretty little soccer player! Boston still has the cutest smile even with gray/brown teeth.
It's good to know you are not judging lazy moms anymore because I'm one of them :)

Cyndy Mikesell said...

Alyssa sorry we missed your game on Saturday. We will be to the next one. Please let us know when it is. I'm glad Boston is getting better and Brock still is as tuff as ever. See ya Boston and Brock on Wednesday at my house so Mom can go help in Alyssa'a classroom. Kids are cute with a runny nose, gray, brown teeth dirty face and the same favorite outfits. There are more important things. Don't stress Betsy your doing a great job with those cuties.
Love Grandma

kassie said...

I love, love, love the bows in Alyssa's hair before she heads out to the soccor game. I tried to make Jordyn weare them at her rodeo but it didn't really work with the cowboy hat. I think your kids are always so cute!! I love the guns at least he won't run out of caps. Bostons teeth I love it just meens the tooth fairy gets to visit him a little early.

The Bullocks said...

OH how I hear you on eating your own words. I think I've had to learn that judgmental lesson over and over.
I feel so bad I've been so preoccupied with packing and cleaning that I just let Bailee go to school in what ever she picked out last week. and It just happened to go to school in the most random outfit and it was school pictures that day. so I'll have to post what she was wearing in her class picture, it was pretty funny. I guess I'll have to just keep eating all of my words until I can learn not to judge others. Maybe some day.

Nick and Amera said...

Yeah, I said the same thing, I promised my self the no snotty faces, messy hands, messy car, repeated outfits......Its just too much to think about to actually keep up on those sorts of things. We are too busy as mom's to be so concerned and paranoid. Kids will be kids and with that comes crumbs, dirty hands and faces and snotty noses! REally, thats what makes em so darn cute :)As long as you love em and take care of em, they are just fine. Dont be so hard on yourself, your a dang cute mom!! Cute picts!!

Lindsey Stubler said...

Cute pictures--- Poor Boston, just be thankful he has teeth, have you seen my little toothless Jonah? You don't know how many people ask "has he lost his teeth already" and I have to say "no- I'm a bad mom and let him fall down the stairs with a bottle in his mouth!" He was freekin 2 1/2! Why did he have a bottle anyway! I think all of your kids are darling!

THE PRINCE FAMILY said...

Nice job Alyssa!! That is so true about judging people especially when you only have one and you can manage to keep it together. It is a great day at our house if we don't have buggers esp. Stock. I am so sorry about the grey teeth. Your kids are so dang cute!!! I love their personalities

Clements Family said...

Hey, I totally know what you mean about being a judgemental mom...how things change once you have kids of your own! Your poor little Boston! He can't catch a break!

The Lind's said...

Betsy, Your kids always look adorable and snot free!! :) But I hear you...I eat my words all the time! Dang it! You are a good little mom! Cute pictures by the way.

The Hulls said...

Alyssa looks so good in her soccor uniform! And I love the pictures of the boys, Brocks guns crack me up! Can't wait to see you guys in a week! By the way, I love the things you picked out for Renee for my birthday!

Heather said...

Kaylee has gray/ brown teeth as well. She was knocked in the face on a tampoline. It sucks when it's their front teeth and you can't do anything about it. When it happened to her it seemed like such a big deal, and now she's almost ready to lose them. The time goes by quickly:) With kids you just can't sweat the small stuff. At least you've figured that out.