Friday, December 21, 2007

Sicky...


First of all I titled this post "sicky" because for some reason whenever my kids are sick Gentry adds a Y to everything when talking to my kids. For example he will ask them if they want a drinky or if they need a blanky etc. When Alyssa was 3 she got strep throat and Gentry and I went together to take her to the doctor (boy have times changed). Anyway the doctor asked what was wrong and Gentry...thinking he was still talking to Alyssa I guess said "Yeah she is just feeling really sicky"...I started laughing and said "Gentry you are talking to the Dr.!" He realized what he said and was a little embarrassed. The Dr. got a good laugh too.

Anyway this video is of Boston because he gagged and threw up all of his medicine so we had to take him to get a shot of the good old meds. (He was excited to get the shot for some odd reason.) He wasn't nearly as chipper afterwards. He still complains that he can't walk. I guess next time the medicine mixed with root beer won't sound so bad. Yes I learned that trick from my mom. I gagged on every medication until I was in 8th grade when I finally learned how to swallow pills.

The picture and video were taken with his phone so not the best quality. Sorry.

6 comments:

McInnes Family said...

Boston is so hilarious. I can just picture him being so excited until it really happens. What a goof ball. I hope he's feeling better.

Chad and Kelly said...

That is so funny! For some reason I can totally picture Gentry talking like that. Maybe Boston was connecting "shot" with a three point shot...not quite as exciting. Hope he is feeling better for the big day!

kassie said...

That is so cute !!!I love the shot idea. My kids won't take medicine either I think if they end up with strep I'll try the shot.

Lyndee said...

That is so funny. Gentry is such a cute dad. I will have to remember the shot next time. That would be so much easier. Have a great Christmas.

THE PRINCE FAMILY said...

That video was so cute. I love seeing you and your kids the other day. You all looked darling as always. I would love to chat sometime chick fil a was crazy that day. I know what you mean about pills or medicine. I had a pill crusher until five years ago when I finally convinced myself that I could swallow a pill and not gag.

Candice and Steve said...

I love Boston, he cracks me up. Im sad that we never got togather for christmas we will have to do something soon. Also I just wanted to say that if you dont have to dont get the shot because it might not work. BrynLee had to go back to the Dr. twice because the shot wouldnt get rid of her step. I just thought that I would let you know.