Monday, December 10, 2007

Christmas Time!


I love Christmas time. I love getting together with family and friends. I remember thinking as a kid how boring Christmas must be for adults. Now I know how my parents felt. It's so much fun to watch how excited your kids get.
It's so fun to get Christmas cards, and catch up with what everyone is doing.
Christmas is also a good time for me to sit back and look at how blessed our family is. I feel so lucky to be surrounded by good people. We are blessed with so much. I haven't ever had to skip a meal. (which I could probably use:) We have a great home and neighborhood to live in, and so much more.
One of my favorite traditions is opening pajamas from Cyndy on Christmas Eve. I always want to know what she picked out and she won't ever tell me. It's fun to have a surprise, but it is so hard for me to wait.
In my family we all get together and the little kids act out the first Christmas while my brother reads it. I think it's good for the kids to know what Christmas is about.

5 comments:

The Hulls said...

I love Christmas too! We can't wait to come and see you guys!

Lyndee said...

I love all the pictures. It is so cute to see the past christmas pictures.

The Lind's said...

Cute pictures. You have a cute family! I am with you on the having a dog thing. The 1st night I was telling Gerry I didn't think this one thru. I should just visit the pet store monthly to get my kicks! He was not too happy with me! Crap... I think I am stuck!:) I asked how long dogs live for...sad I know...I am pathetic! But it's getting better! Sorry long comment...again your family pictures are adorable!

THE PRINCE FAMILY said...

I love all of your pictures! you have such a beautiful family! hope you guys have a merry christmas! I might come running with you guys when Katie gets into town!

Ross and Debbie said...

Oh my, you just described a Courier and Ives Christmas Fairyland. I'm with you 100%!!! Christmas is special no matter how old you are - however, I'm not that old. Have a Merry Christmas Mikesell Family. The Miller's will be snowed in because it is a BLIZZARD up here! (I'm not kidding, I'm kind of scared.)