Sunday, December 16, 2007

Big Winner!!!


So I have to post about this lovely "hippity hop". Gentry and I went to a Christmas party over the weekend with some friends and everyone brought a $10.00 gift and a white elephant. So anyway I was lucky enough to pick the "hippity hop" for my white elephant. (We have an inside joke with hippity hops, so that is why my friends wanted me to pick it.) Gentry picked a Cafe Rio gift card. I woke up the next morning and Boston and Alyssa were downstairs looking at the hippity hop in the box and said "Mom, what is this for?"...thinking I bought them a gift. I told them I won it at the party last night. Alyssa with star struck eyes and unbelief that I could win something so cool said "Mom that is so awesome! What did Daddy win?" I said "He won a Cafe Rio gift card!" Alyssa said "Was he so sad he didn't win something cool like you?" I said...yeah probably:) So thank you Mike and Heather for making me the coolest mom for "winning" such an awesome gift. I think it is the favorite gift I have ever won for my kids:)

14 comments:

Cyndy Mikesell said...

Wow!! who would have thought a hippity hop would bring so much joy and coolness with it. Cute picture Alyssa!

Clements Family said...

How funny...I am glad Alyssa loved the hippity hop. The party was so much fun. Thanks for chatting so long with us!

The Lind's said...

I am feeling a little left out! wahh. What is the inside joke with hippity hop? Come on you have to share.

Nielson Family said...

You'll have to tell me what the hippity hop does. Looks like my kids might like it too. Oh yeah, one of these nights you need to show me how to use photoshop.

Heather said...

Betsy, where are the pics of you on the hippity hop? I'm glad we could bring such joy to your family this Christmas. Have fun!

kassie said...

I loved hippity hops when I was little!!! You were a very lucky winner! Sorry about the loss gent.

Sarah Bates said...

Betsy...the kids are so big and I have only not seen them for 6 months...hope you guys have a good Christmas!

Chereebee said...

that does sound like a fun toy -Bailee would love it too!! But I want the cafe rio card - YUM!!!

Lyndee said...

I loved those things when I was little. I would pop the dang thing now. Have a great Christmas. Lyndee

Ross and Debbie said...

All I can say is, I want two for my grandkids to play with at my house, but I'm afraid they will bounce around and crack their heads open on something. Doesn't that just sound like a grandma?!?

Sarah Bates said...

Hey girl here is my addy...I lost your stinking email! Send me yours as well!

PO BOX 1237
Riverton, UT 84065

Ross and Debbie said...

I still don't know what I'm doing on this blog thingamajig, but Betsy, I just put a family picture on mine. Wooooeeeee!! I am so proud of myself! Your blog is fantastic! I love seeing the pics of those cute kids.

Chelsa said...

So cute! I seriously can't believe how big your kids are getting. Alyssa's hair is SOOOO long! I'm so glad we can keep in touch through blogs...it's so much fun. I hope you have a Merry Christmas. Love ya, Chelsa

510Jen said...

I love hippity hops. That's a great idea we have a party to go to. I just might bring one of those.
I agree your kids are getting so big.