Sunday, November 17, 2013

Baskeball Tryouts

Brock wanted to try out for a super league basketball team.  I was hesitant at first because usually these teams consume your life.  But then I found out they are only having one game a week and so I thought it would be fun for him.  Every time I turn around Brock is dribbling through the house or spinning the ball on his fingers.  He wears a jersey everyday to school (most of the jerseys are really old because they were Gentry's when he was a kid....I like to call them "vintage".)  I guess you could say he LOVES basketball! 
So after he went to try out I started to get nervous that he wouldn't make it.  He played his little heart out and did really well but they kind of already had the team picked out.  They had six players already picked and they only wanted eight....which made me nervous.  But he made it!!  I am so proud of him!

 The whole day while we were waiting to hear from the coach he kept saying "Mom, did you hear anything yet? I just can't concentrate!"  It made me laugh but I think I was just as stressed as him!  I didn't want to tell him if he didn't make it.  
He wore this headband that he bought and a Jazz jersey to tryout.  He is such a cute kid.
Adrienne came into town to get some decor for her house.  She is in the middle of remodeling and that is a ton of work!  So when she got up here the 50s Shop asked us to do some more pictures for their website.  So we agreed.  These are some pictures from my cell phone.
 They had us model the poodle skirt outfits this time too.
 We packed a TON of stuff in her car.  All the seats were down and there is barely room for Adrienne to drive.  But we got everything on her list!  (And possibly a couple extra items.)

1 comment:

Cyndy Mikesell said...

So proud of you Brock!! Can't wait to watch you play:)