Sunday, November 10, 2013

Happy Birthday Alyssa!

Alyssa turned 12 this year.  So now she gets to go to Young Women.  She is so excited.  The Young Women came over the night before and decorated our door.
 Alyssa really wanted an new iPod touch.  I told her no because it was $300.  I told her that she could either keep the present we got her or I would give her $200 towards an iPod.  She chose to keep the present...not knowing what it was.
 Brock made her a present.  I thought it was really cute, he decorated a Nike box and put a bunch of Reeses peanut butter cups (left over from Halloween) with a dollar.  He knew that the Reeses were one of her favorite.  I thought it was really sweet of him.


 Boston rolled up $8 and wrapped it for Alyssa.  I thought it was really sweet of him too.  I was really proud of the boys for being so thoughtful.
 Alyssa had picked these boots out a couple weeks ago, but I wrapped them and wouldn't let her wear them yet.
 I wrapped her iPhone with Gentry's sweater to disguise what it was.  She thought it was an iPod...but I told her it wasn't an iPod....and I love her face when she realized it was an iPhone.
 It was so fun surprising her.  I still can't believe I caved and got her the phone.  Gentry really wanted to get it for her. 
 We took Alyssa to Chick Fil A for breakfast.  The boys entertained us outside the window.
 Janay gave Alyssa a really cute book and a cover for her temple recommend.  She loved them!
 Alyssa kept asking to go to do baptisms for the dead for her birthday.  So I arranged to take the girls and then we came back to our house for pizza and dessert.

 Alyssa and Morgan Watts
 Brynlee Williams and Alyssa
 Natalie White and Alyssa
 Erin White and Alyssa
 Alyssa and Maisen Dailey

 The boys created this on the front lawn....they're always "decorating" our yard with some type of invention.
 Kate and Ashley came up from Vegas on Saturday.  Alyssa was so excited to go back and do baptisms for the dead.  This was Kate's first time going!  So glad Alyssa has such good friends and cousins!
 Alyssa sent a group text to grandparents letting them know her change of number.  Later that night Kim wrote this...to my dad by accident.  But the text exchange cracked me up....

2 comments:

S said...

Great pictures and great kids

Cyndy Mikesell said...

Happy Birthday to our favorite 12 year old. We are so proud of what a beautiful young lady you are. I love that you love going to the temple. I am proud you love the gospel and its teachings. You will do amazing things in your life. We love you so much ! Love grandpa and grandma Mikesell:)