Sunday, November 20, 2011

WINNER WINNER!!!

Alyssa and the boys wanted to do an entry for the Reflections contest.  I was trying talk them out of it...luckily I didn't because Alyssa ended up winning, and continuing to the next round.  She wrote a poem, and I didn't make a copy of it, so I will have to post that later. We were sure proud of her!


 Boston and Brock both got a certificate of participation...which included a free ice cream at Menchie's, so we got an ice cream later to celebrate!




Gentry Decided to put up the Christmas lights before it snowed.  He had his biggest cheerleaders on the grass cheering him on.  I could hear them yelling. "Dad, that looks so good!" and "Dad, you are so good at this!"  I couldn't help but smile listening to them.

 Of course it felt a little too bright so the kids used their hands as sunglasses.
The kids have loved having my nephew Connor babysit.  (Which I'm sure he does to be nice.) But he always does something really fun with them.  One week they made lizard necklaces and the next they made tie dye shirts.  This last week they made masks...Boston is on the left, Brock is on the right.  Alyssa didn't make a mask, she opted for a necklace. She didn't want to mess up the hat she got with Grandma Cyndy. (Thank you Cyndy! She loves it and hasn't taken it off.)
The kids LOVE Connor!

2 comments:

S said...

Congratulations Alyssa way to go.

Cyndy Mikesell said...

congratulations Alyssa I am so proud of you! Oh please let your dad know Boston volunteered him to come and put up my outside Christmas lights. Let him know any day works for me. LOL