Sunday, November 6, 2011

Happy Anniversary!

This year was our 12th anniversary.  We agreed that we weren't going to get each other anything...and we would just go shopping together.  We ended up celebrating the day before because he had to work on Saturday.  It was one of the funnest anniversaries! 

We started out going to breakfast at Chick-fil-a with the kids.  My nephew Connor and my sister Janay met us there.  It was fun to visit for a little bit before taking the kids to school.
 Brock found Gentry's old football uniform and pads, and hasn't taken them off.  He thinks he is really cool.  He wore them to Chick to "show Connor".


Once the kids were at school we decided to go shopping.  We found a couple fun things.  It was just nice having time alone with Gentry:)  Later that afternoon my nephew Connor came over to babysit.  We went to see the movie Tower Heist.  (We both loved it...go see it.)  Then we weren't sure what to do for dinner.  We didn't want to wait at a restaurant...so we called Connor to see if he and the kids wanted to go to Chick for dinner.  (Lame I know, but we actually felt like a salad.)  The kids wanted to stay with Connor and have his special, Totinos Pizza and Mac and Cheese....so Gentry and I went to dinner alone at Chick...romantic right? Actually it was one of the best anniversaries ever!

Gentry had to work on Saturday, and so did I.  But later in the afternoon I was cleaning my closet and someone came to the door.  I was kind of annoyed I had to interrupt my cleaning for some idiot who was probably selling something...but when I answered the door it was flowers.  I read the note and I couldn't help but laugh.  Gentry sent them, and his note was one of our inside jokes.  I love that he always keeps me laughing.  I didn't take pictures the whole day we celebrated, so last minute Saturday night I made Alyssa take a few.



7 comments:

The Hulls said...

Happy Anniversary to one of the most amazing couples I know!! Love you guys and glad you had such a great Anniversary!

Annika said...

Happy Anniversary! Dying you went to Chick for dinner.

Kristin said...

Why wouldn't you spend your entire anniversary at chick? It's perfect. Glad you had such a great day!

Nielson Family said...

Miss You!

Cyndy Mikesell said...

You two make the cutest couple. I love watching you two at crossfit I can tell you are the best of friends. As well as husband and wife:) I am so glad Gentry found Besty and Betsy found Gentry!! Love you both and glad you had a Happy Anniversary!!

Clements Family said...

Happy Anniversary! I love that you guys didn't do anything crazy...it is just being together that matters most! Sounds like the perfect day!

The Lind's said...

Happy Anniversary!! You guys are so perfect for eachother...always thought so!! Remember when we went to Gentry's house to spy on him in HS and I honked the horn....you were so so mad at me!! :) Come on you know you wanted him to see us ;) Glad you guys had a great one!!