Friday, May 20, 2011

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BROCK AND BOSTON

My babies turned 7 today!  I can't believe it.  This morning they wanted to go to Chick-fil-a for breakfast.  They had to tell the workers that it was their birthday and I heard the worker ask if they were in 2nd grade..then he guessed 1st?....nope Mom held them back so they are only in Kindergarten.  They told me the other day that Ellie in their class is only 5..."but that's ok huh Mom!"  As if Ellie is the weird one.  Hmmmm.





The boys didn't really have anything specific that they asked for this year.  Gentry and I had a hard time buying for them.  We ended up getting them little motorized scooters.  They loved them!  I have to say the tape and staplers were a close second.  (My boys love doing crafts and are always using up all of my tape and staples, so I've had to hide them so I have it when I need it.)

The boys wanted to invite a bunch of friends.  I told them they could thinking we could have a big ol' swimming party mixed in with a little bouncy house.  Too bad the weather was CRAP today.  So last minute indoor games it was.  Literally all morning the boys were praying for the rain to stop...which it did, unfortunately a little too late.  It was still fun though.  They had a really good turn out, and they loved having their friends here.

I tried for the Pirates theme.  It didn't turn out quite like I had hoped.  The treat bags I bought all broke before we could even put anything in them.  The compasses all shattered once the Pinata broke open....not to mention the pinata broke before all the kids got a chance to swing at it....oh well you can't win 'em all...or any for that matter.  Hopefully the kids didn't notice.  (yeah right.) 

The cake was chocolate (the boys picked it out) thanks Costco for making ginormous cakes so that I don't have to.  We had hotdogs, chips and some fruit for dinner.  The kids seemed happy!  I got a bunch of pictures and the kids got spoiled by their friends. 
 Boston blew the candles out first...leaving only 1 for Brock.

 So Brock started crying and Boston was saying he didn't know what the issue was because we re-lit them just for him.
 So to settle Brock down we let him blow out 7 candles on his piece of cake.
Notice the plates we used for dessert were left over from Christmas.  I totally spaced buying dessert plates....but the dinner plates I don't have a picture of.  Go figure.  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BOSTON AND BROCK!!!

4 comments:

Annika said...

Banks is having a Pirate Party too! The scooters look fun, I want to get me one!

S said...

It was a fun Happy Birthday but the kids are growing up way too fast.

Nielson Family said...

Happy Birthday Boston & Brock. I can't wait to come see you guys tomorrow!!!!

Clements Family said...

Darn that rain! Looks like the kids had a great time even if it was inside!! Happy Birthday boys!